GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone from GM read this forum or is it just a place for owners to brag or vent?

I think it would be awesome if the forum admin could set up a "suggestion box" that someone from GM actually looked at for ideas to improve their product.

I'll start the ball rolling by saying it would be more convenient if the Terrain would default to remembering the settings during the previous drive. It's annoying to have the tranny start in first gear every time I shut the engine off and decide to use Manual after starting it again. Likewise it's annoying to have to set the USB drive back to random EVERY time I start the car.

The low beams are set a little too far back in the housing or something and when you hit a dip at night you can only see a few feet in front of you. Scared me pretty good the first time it happened as I was going around a corner at the time!

Better grouping of the fuel/mileage items on the DIC. I like to leave it on speed and don't like having to scroll thru several pages to see the mpg or range pages. Actually it would better if the DIC showed more info at once...like maybe speed, range, and average mpg.

Overall the gripes are few and if GM could address the ones that wouldn't be too costly to implement they would have a superior product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont know if anyone from GM reads theese posts and not to much venting here either. Pretty much a gooey lovefest for Terrain owners. I am glad to here someone objective about their Terrain. I have some gripes about mine too and i hope GM will continue improving quality but I think they still have a way to go to catch up to the Japeneese.Enjoy your Terrain Tex.Overall I think its a good cuv.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tex said:
I'll start the ball rolling by saying it would be more convenient if the Terrain would default to remembering the settings during the previous drive. It's annoying to have the tranny start in first gear every time I shut the engine off and decide to use Manual after starting it again. Likewise it's annoying to have to set the USB drive back to random EVERY time I start the car.
There is one way to avoid that... shift to M while at speed. Then it won't default to 1. Not trying to start an argument - just trying to see what value having it remember, would be to you.

Lol @ "gooey lovefest" but SOOO true. I love everything about my Terrain... while it's parked. My list of problems is up over 10 now and I am seriously considering trading it in and starting over.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I will try to have a GM man to read this forum... Will follow up !

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Most large companies have people who's job is to google the company name/individual product names and see what is being discussed on the web and bring anything of particular interest to the attention of the appropriate departments. Some even join message boards such as this and offer a certain degree of info/help to people with questions. I'm not sure if GM has anything like this, but I would be surprised if they didn't. I know that on another forum for the Equinox there are guys that work at the CAMI plant in Canada who are regular posters..

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have heard directly from GM that they do read these forums quite often. They enjoy the feedback and input. Both positive and negative.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tex said:
The low beams are set a little too far back in the housing or something and when you hit a dip at night you can only see a few feet in front of you.
Ditto for the fog lights...plus they seem to be mounted at a weird angle that shines mostly sideways. They might be OK for very low speeds but are pretty much useless for anything over about 30mph.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tex said:
Likewise it's annoying to have to set the USB drive back to random EVERY time I start the car.
In my 'Nox the random setting for the USB stays on, but sometimes it starts off at the same song every time I get in the car and then continues at random and other times it starts off on the last song that was playing and then continues on random! I guess it has it's own moods? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts