GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right I finished the work just about 10 minutes ago, NO MORE DRL's! OR I can move them to the parking lamps at about 3x the brightness just like the corvette! I also had some fun with my IPC today, I'll post a video in a few.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok no video tonight, too dark already however I'll try to get one tomorrow, sorry but at least its done now; HID's for all! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Success two new hacks for the thetas including DRL DELETE/MOVE and new IPC s

Can you just tell us in detail how to take drl off?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea if you could post the codes or whatever it is you do to the cpu of the vehicle it would be great!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: Success two new hacks for the thetas including DRL DELETE/MOVE and new IPC s

I love hacks!
Thanks for the efforts and sharing, GTPprix!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

SLEtrick1 said:
Can you just tell us in detail how to take drl off?
This is not a DIY change, sorry guys.

·
Registered
115 Posts
what is a DRL?

·
Registered
22 Posts

So what is it gt did you remove something n where? Drl day running light

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I changed the programming in the BCM.

dm2010nox - DRL = Daytime Running Lamps (Lights).

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
GTP, I take it you are a GM tech?

This IS great news and an option we should of have had from the beginning along with factory HIDs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bballr4567 said:
GTP, I take it you are a GM tech?

This IS great news and an option we should of have had from the beginning along with factory HIDs.
No, I'm not a tech :) Also along the lines this isn't something that a dealer can do either unfortunately :(

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hmmmm, just trying to figure out where you got the knowledge. lol

I wouldnt want my dealership to do this anyways. Knowing the majority of workers are morons (no disrespect to any on here) that are employed I wouldnt want them touching anything computer related.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hacking cars is what I do :)

·
Registered
22 Posts

I forgot GTprix got a nox, the drl on that is the high beam - Anyway to all terrain owners I called most of the dealers there is no way turning off the DRL noting in fuse box, it's in the ecu and there is no way of turning it off, so the only thing that you can do is to cover the sensor in your dashboard or manually switch to headlamp for your HID kit or ad a harnes or capacitor on it. I recomend just cover the sensor it is the safest way to have HID.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
SLEtrick, the Nox has them in the low beams as well. The poster that provided that information was WRONG.

Anyways, GTP has been working with the Terrain to get the DRL hack done. The problem with covering the light sensor is that it dims your interior lights as well. Many users dont want that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a Terrain, which has the DRL on the low beams. I can fix the DRL's on any of the Thetas (and the Lacrosse, Camaro ETC.).

·
Registered
22 Posts

My bad, I know I don't like the interior to be in dimm in daytime, it's been tough figuring out how to take drl off I'm just pissed off and I just can't wait without using harness, if I can't do anything I'll put my HID in my fog lights... And buy a bulb for my low beam

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
trick, Id wait to see what the new forum sponsor has for us. They have figured out the DRL in the Acadias so hopefully they can give us a product that fixes our DRL problems as well.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts