GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 equinox LT. I've checked infotainment and amp fuses, is there something I have to do to get my sub to play audio through my radio. Everything is factory. It hasn't had any audio come from it since I bought it. I heard it was only for anc? Is there a way to push audio and bass through it? Also could anybody give me some directions on how to remove the back panels to access the sub?

·
Registered
997 Posts
...I believe I read on here swapping the factory amp to one from the factory Pioneer system will get the sub working for music, not just ANC.
I’ve got the V6 which the Pioneer system was a required option, so I didn’t have to deal with ANC, but if you want extensive info on how to do a system in our cars, do a search under my username. I’ve even modified my stock enclosure to accept a 10” aftermarket sub...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a 2017 Equinox. Plain Jane, nothing fancy. stock. What can I do to get better sound?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Apparently, you can only replace the base amp with the UZ8 amp from the Pioneer system on 2010-2015 models.
That being said, if I had ‘17, I’d start by replacing the door speakers with efficient co-ax speakers, and then tapping the back door speakers for the signal to send a sub. That’ll avoid the ANC and the front speakers that are used for door chimes & phone calls...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can use any amplifier as long as you disable ANC, if the vehicle has it. Microphones are behind grab handles in front and just to the rear of the rear seat handles for the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts