GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The same system is in base models, as well as the upgraded, but all speakers do not function on base models. Including sub. The super easy way to fix this is....look up the amp for upgraded system (ltz) models and swap amps. It's plug and play exactly. Opens all speaker channels. It's not a loud improvement but sound quality is better. Find part number and look on ebay. That's all I did in my 15 terrain sle1

I can vouch for this. Below is the description of what I got off eBay for a little over $100. It took about 45 minutes to install and the factory sub was fully functional.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Will changing a the amp from a LT to a LTZ amp really power on the subwoofer can it can be used for music play and not just ANC?

Any truth to this

it doesn’t have to be an ltz, “2lt” also had the option for the pioneer system just have to make sure u pull the amp from one with the pioneer system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The pioneer rpo code is uz8. The amp part number is 22855806. This will activate the sub and also keep anc. The difference is night and day. Single best upgrade I’ve done yet. It’s so good I’m holding off on changing the door speakers bc I’m actually content with it. And I’m an audiophile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The pioneer rpo code is uz8. The amp part number is 22855806. This will activate the sub and also keep anc. The difference is night and day. Single best upgrade I’ve done yet. It’s so good I’m holding off on changing the door speakers bc I’m actually content with it. And I’m an audiophile.
Can you elaborate on 'activating the sub'? I am new to RPO codes and not sure what you have done here? Did you upgrade your system?

Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can you elaborate on 'activating the sub'? I am new to RPO codes and not sure what you have done here? Did you upgrade your system?

Thanks

in an effort to get people to pay for the upgraded system, gm mad the sub on the base system used for active noise canceling only. switching the app to the upgraded one will allow the sub to play bass like it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
in an effort to get people to pay for the upgraded system, gm mad the sub on the base system used for active noise canceling only. switching the app to the upgraded one will allow the sub to play bass like it should
Is that something that we can do as individuals or does the dealer have to do this?

·
Registered
909 Posts
You can just swap out the AMP (not app...it was a typo I'm sure) yourself and there won't be any need to have the dealer do anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm going to try this...I have part #22855806 ordered from eBay for $60 ($277 from gmpartscenter.com). I will follow up next week when the amp arrives.

Quick question...since I'm really not going to have to do any "wiring" and I'll just be swapping one amp for another that has the same connectors, I don't need to disconnect my negative battery terminal do I?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its like an 8 inch sub, my amp went out totally now I have 2 12s btw the panel comes off easy couple of torques the sub box comes out with 10mm bolts its not a very nice system at all. Just take it all out and trash it turn up the bass a couple of notches cant even notice a difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my new amp today and got it installed (and yes it was a huge PITA simply due to it's location). I took the cover/heatsink off the amp to have a peek at the electronics....wow! I will never ever pay extra for a "Premium audio system" if that's what you get for your money. I have to disagree with Andnobodyknows on the sound. I wouldn't say it's close to a "night and day" difference. I always thought the base audio system sounded pretty good with a nice amount of punch from the door panel speakers. But it is an improvement and I'm happy that the 8" sub that's in my car is now part of the sound system.
Any car audio enthusiast would probably do a lot better with a compact powered sub like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On a side note...I decided to take a peek at the internals of the amp I pulled from my 2012 Terrain SLE-1, which interestingly was also branded "Pioneer". The circuit board looks pretty much identical to the new premium system amp I got from eBay. I also noted the caps and inductors were identical, the same quantity and in the same locations. So this explains much as to why I don't hear much difference in the sound of my sound system overall. I haven't taken out the multi-meter to do any real testing, but I would almost bet a paycheck the power output between the base stereo amp and the premium amp is exactly the same.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts