GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 2011 Terrain (SLE2, V6, convenience pkg) 2 weeks ago in onyx black. I saw here that color has been discontinued. Contacted dealership and they assured me it was not. Apparently, they are clueless. Has there been a black color equivalent added? Was curious if I could expect them to default a color in its place if the onyx is no longer being used. I realize the Carbon Black Metallic was available for an additional fee for 2010. What colors have been added?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
48 Posts
First, you should check on the 2011 GMC Online Ordering Guide. I'll try to post the hyperlink below:

<http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...cleID=10263&section=modelhome&page=&butID=1#>

For the 2011 Terrain the options deleted are listed as follows:

Deletions
(GBA) Onyx Black
(GBX) Atlantic Blue Metallic
(GCD) Summit White

The additions are listed as follows:
New Features
(LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) 264 hp [196.8 kW] @ 6950 rpm, 222 lb-ft [299.7 N-m] @ 5100 rpm) E85 FlexFuel Capable with (FE9) Federal emissions only.
(GLB) Steel Blue Metallic
(GAZ) Olympic White
OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan

In sum, it looks like they simply renamed the blue and white exterior paint, however, they did not offer a black substitute other than the premium charge for the Carbon Black Metallic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wanted Onyx black too for my 2011 because I don't like the flecky metallic look of the carbon black. I settled on the cyber grey instead. I wish they had more color choices

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. We already agreed to price and I notified them once of my belief the onyx was discontinued. I assume they will contact me when they find out they are incorrect and offer to do the carbon black for no charge. I do agree though, I did prefer the onyx as well, but either is a beautiful color.
Looking forward to getting my new terrain!

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you can get the carbon black metallic at no charge, consider it a great deal as it's a terrific color and really "pops' in the sun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
texlaker said:
In sum, it looks like they simply renamed the blue and white exterior paint, however, they did not offer a black substitute other than the premium charge for the Carbon Black Metallic.
The changes to the blue & white are more then just the names, they are different shades.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I came across the same issue. I am currently at status 3100 with Onyx black as my color. I stressed this concern with my dealer(even brought in the print out of the 2011 changes I found online) and they said that they had not heard of a color change and when they entered the order it was accepted by GM. I also called GM as well and spoke to two different reps and they werent aware of onyx black being deleted either. So just incase I have an alternative color in mind incase I get the "we cannot make you a 2011 terrain in onyx black call". Maybe they have left over onyx black paint from the 2010 that they are getting rid of?? I have no idea, but as of now everything is in good order with that color so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
GMCdriver said:
The changes to the blue & white are more then just the names, they are different shades.
Thanks for the clarification GMCdriver. I wish GM would go ahead and update the website to show the 2011 Terrain, including the new shades of blue and white. I assume that they have not done so because there are still alot of 2010 models on dealers lot that need to be sold. Howver, Ford does an excellent job on their website of permitting you to select both the new model year and the existing model at the same time. For example, Ford use to have both the 2010 and 2011 Edge on their website.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I called GM and they said that Onyx Black is still available for 2011 under color code GBA. I called my dealer and had my order changed today. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info jordanz. Interesting that it says it has been discontinued as GBA on the link but GM told you otherwise. Maybe they were going to discontinue until they started receiving orders for it? I'll be happy either way. The chrome will look fantastic on either.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
On that same site, if you click on "distribution updates" for the 2011 Online Order/Reference Guide there is the following posted in there:

Week of 6/28/2010
Effective 6/28/2010, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

* Color and Trim section-Added (GBA) Onyx Black, WA-8555, it is "A" with all interiors.

Must have been a last minute decision?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts