GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 equinox has just begun to stutter at 1700-2000 RPM. Its only during light acceleration, hard acceleration and the problem doesnt persist. I thought it was bad gas at first, so i burned off my fuel and filled up with more expensive gas and at a different station. The problem still occurs. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I would like to fix this myself if its a job that doesnt require years of experience.

Thanks all

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Is the CEL on? If so, get the code read and go from there. If not, I would think a code is forthcoming if the problem persists. You could have a plug, wire, coil, or injector problem.

Personally, I would ignore it until it proved to be repeatable, there was noticeable degradation in operability, or the computer started complaining.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Could be the MAS as above.
A can of SeaFoam might help as well. Mine ran a little rough after a few months of stop and go/local driving. The SeaFoam helped.

Which engine, how many miles??

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
kris434 said:
My 2007 equinox has just begun to stutter at 1700-2000 RPM. Its only during light acceleration, hard acceleration and the problem doesnt persist. I thought it was bad gas at first, so i burned off my fuel and filled up with more expensive gas and at a different station. The problem still occurs. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I would like to fix this myself if its a job that doesnt require years of experience.

Thanks all
Has your concern been resolved? I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more assistance. I can also look into this for you on my end with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately and keep me posted either way. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts