GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

my eco button is stuck do to a coffee spill and can not even move it :( i was wondering before i start prying stuff out what is the best way to pop the button with out damage

thanks all

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you follow the lines outlining it and dont see any screws more than likely you can pop it off.
Now adays every thing in these new vehicals you can pop stuff off just do it slowly not to
break any tabs. That is to say their isnt a housing around the button you can pop of instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sweet thanks man, i will try that out and see,

and after i fix that, no more coffee for the girl friend ever again in the truck lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
i would first try using an alcohol based cleaner, no water. That was it will evaporate, be carefull as some on the market will stain the plastic. Secondly, pop the instrument panel and come at it from behind. there should be a disconnect on the buttom. Then you could really get in a soak it down to get at the sugar/cream residue, and not worry about shorting anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all great ideas

thanks guys, the dealer is 2 mins from my house i think i will just take it over this week

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reviving this post so I do not need to create another thread, and in hopes I can get some input. I just bought a used Terrain SLE 2.4., and I want to disable ECO mode but the ECO button was completely stuck. Possibly due to spilled coffee as well. I was able to remove the cap and clean it out a little bit, and get it to move. Although, I am unable to turn it off. Does this require me to go to the dealer to get it fixed? I wanted to try and avoid that but that is my last resort. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Reviving this post so I do not need to create another thread, and in hopes I can get some input. I just bought a used Terrain SLE 2.4., and I want to disable ECO mode but the ECO button was completely stuck. Possibly due to spilled coffee as well. I was able to remove the cap and clean it out a little bit, and get it to move. Although, I am unable to turn it off. Does this require me to go to the dealer to get it fixed? I wanted to try and avoid that but that is my last resort. Any help is appreciated.
'
Once you have the cap off, I would spray it with some Electrical Contact Cleaner, or Isopropal Rubbing Alcohol. YOu may want to try it out on an inconspicuous place first...just in case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
'
Once you have the cap off, I would spray it with some Electrical Contact Cleaner, or Isopropal Rubbing Alcohol. YOu may want to try it out on an inconspicuous place first...just in case.
Just gave this a try. This definitely helped. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts