GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened up my Terrain tonight to check the oil, and noted the rubber weatherstrip pieces on either side of the hood had come off completely, and were laying a few inches back on the headlight housings. They are mirror-image rubber components, maybe a foot long when laid out straight, each held in place to the hood underside with those ubiquitous ribbed press fasteners.

The fasteners (five on each side) all required a good push to re-seat and none appeared damaged. Maybe they weren't seated completely to begin with and I just never noticed? 5,000 miles on the vehicle, and it's probably been a few weeks since the hood was up last. Anyone else seen this?

Tom

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have not seen that on my '18 Terrain Denali in the two years that I've owned it. Though you did make me just now go out to the garage to check.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Must be the diesel engine shaking things loose.

Just kidding! That is a mystery as to why the seals came off; must not have been installed properly to begin with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I figured out what went on with the seals... Since each has multiple snap fasteners (which were all intact) there is about zero chance they all let loose in such an organized fashion. Had a clear bra installed a few weeks after buying the car, and it has wrapped edges. What most likely happened is the installer removed the seals, laid them in position on the headlights so as not to misplace them, and missed them when finishing up. Apparently, there they sat until I noticed. At a glance, they almost completely blend in since the seals and headlight housings are black.

Mystery solved (at least that's what I'm sticking with.)

Tom

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the update. I guess that I don't need to keep a close eye on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts