GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Honestly I want to invent serial 2 port plug in key adapter that cost about 12 cents...this would reprogram the L selection to the highest available number when placed in L instead of the lowest.
Range Technology has a stop/start disabler device that plugs into your underdash data link connector.
Only thing is it costs more than 12 cents.

Reactions: Crankme69

·
Registered
143 Posts
Range Technology has a stop/start disabler device that plugs into your underdash data link connector.
Only thing is it costs more than 12 cents.
But Range Technology doesn't have a device that's compatible with Crankme69's '19 Nox. Nor my '18 Terrain. :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Trifecta. Did the auto stop delete and tune in my Malibu. For a few bucks more for the tune over the auto stop delete only in my vehicle I'm satisfied. Has a ''transparency'' option on the install so nothing else detects it's in there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Trifecta. Did the auto stop delete and tune in my Malibu. For a few bucks more for the tune over the auto stop delete only in my vehicle I'm satisfied. Has a ''transparency'' option on the install so nothing else detects it's in there.
I have looked at that option but I wonder if there tune will address the min RPM's to stop the lugging?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I, like many others have been doing the L/manual mode and hitting the + button (in my vehicle, 8 times) every time I operate the vehicle.

My concern now is that I'll wear out the d**n + button working it so many cycles! :sad:

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I, like many others have been doing the L/manual mode and hitting the + button (in my vehicle, 8 times) every time I operate the vehicle.

My concern now is that I'll wear out the d**n + button working it so many cycles! :sad:

Yeah, it seems like the logic should have been written to start in L6 when you shift into L, and then allow you to work it downward. I am always hesitant to shift into L while driving for fear that it will pick a gear that will redline the engine.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah, it seems like the logic should have been written to start in L6 when you shift into L, and then allow you to work it downward. I am always hesitant to shift into L while driving for fear that it will pick a gear that will redline the engine.
I was concerned about the same too, but selecting L/manual mode at any speed, only starts where the gear is at currently for that given speed.

You cant hurt anything by selecting L at speed.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I was concerned about the same too, but selecting L/manual mode at any speed, only starts where the gear is at currently for that given speed.

You cant hurt anything by selecting L at speed.

Maybe things have been improved since 2010. When I did that with my '10, it dropped down about 2 gears, and the tach shot up from where it had been - hence why I haven't tried it on my '18...yet !

·
Registered
511 Posts
Maybe things have been improved since 2010. When I did that with my '10, it dropped down about 2 gears, and the tach shot up from where it had been - hence why I haven't tried it on my '18...yet !
It may drop a gear still, but I've done it and it doesn't overspeed the engine or do anything to cause any drama.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've done it at 65 and it stayed in 9th gear. I've also done it at 55-60 or so and not double-checked the indicated gear---and continued to drive 20 miles in 7th gear. Finally noticed rpm was about 500 higher than I expected. Have to constantly remind myself to check the upper range.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I haven't played with the wife's 'nox but in my 'bu it will say shift denied on the display if it doesn't like your manual downshift selection.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
958 Posts
I haven't played with the wife's 'nox but in my 'bu it will say shift denied on the display if it doesn't like your manual downshift selection.
I remember my Malibu doing the same thing. 'Nox probably has a similar safety lockout. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all - any updates on this? Seems to be available on the 19s...but no options for the 20s just yet? PITA as I forget about it until it shuts off for the first time...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm sure a reason for it is EPA reports. Less pollution at stop lights, higher EPA mileage figures. I don't care for it really, but I seldom even notice it anymore. So far I haven't heard of or read of any starter issues yet. 57,312 miles on ours. So as long as it restarts each time I'm good. Running the A/C shuts it off as does low gears.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Range Technology has a stop/start disabler device that plugs into your underdash data link connector.
Only thing is it costs more than 12 cents."

Try this it`s free and it works on most makes especially Merc`s and Porsches, also deactivates smart charging and puts car into standard old fashioned continuous charging regime of between 13.8 and 14.4 volts ensuring you always have a fully charged battery even on short runs. The Merc`s battery is over 8 years old stamped (3811), have fun.0:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Equinox 'Diesel'.
When the AC is ON, START/STOP is dis-abled.
I gather this is not the same for the gas models?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the 2020 Nox and can tell there is no disable feature provided. I just throw it into neutral for stop signs or quick stop and go. I let it do its thing if I catch a red light or I'm in stopped traffic. The start up response is very fast and smooth. I cannot even get my foot back to the gas pedal from brake without the car already running.
I've been using the shift to "L" and bump "+" to 9 (my transmission is a 9 speed) method for over a year now and it works great. That way you don't have to mess with it at lights, you only have to do it once when shifting to go forward and it stays there and stop/start will not happen when in "L". When you + to the highest gear available the transmission uses all the gears and shifts just like it's in D but without stop/start.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts