GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I’ve searched everywhere on the www and can’t find the answer. I ordered a “Pioneer” 2012 amp on eBay and assumed if it was the “Pioneer” amp it would be the 8 channel amp since none indicate anything else regarding these amps. Before I go into the difficult swap due to location I opened this one up to take a look and put on YouTube. I immediate notice it’s a tiny digital amp. The large aluminum vents give it the non digital amp feel. And it is super tiny inside. Capacitors, chips, everything is tiny. Immediately I realize that maybe the stock 6 channel and 8 channel amps are all pioneer and maybe I’ve just received the same exact amp that’s already in my 2015 GMC Terrain !!! Lord. Before I delve into the hassle of removing the original, can someone help please? I was assuming that If it’s pioneer it’s definitely the upgraded amp to power the sub that’s in there for ANC. And the board inside says “ANC model”. I understand that the upgraded Pioneer and stock 2.4 liter all have ANC. So I’m hoping this is not a sign that they are all pioneer and this is the same exact amp I already have in there. 🙏🙏. I hope this is the 8 channel version as I’m dying to hear the upgraded system in my dreamy Terrain. (I’ve looked everywhere for the differences between stock Model number amp and pioneer 8 channel amp and can’t find anything!). Want to avoid adding a sub amp. But if I have in fact purchased the same one that’s in there, if anyone can tell me which are the line out and power lines I can tap into from the front where the stock amp is or to the rear where the sub is. Thanks for your time and I apologize for the long read..... just very frustrated with barely any detailed info on this topic. I plan to keep this gem of a vehicle until my dying days. Loved it since it came out and I finally got one! Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts