GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the full wiring Diagram for the 2011 Terrain. I have a fully loaded Terrain with Nav, DVD System the whole 9 yards. I have a signal Processor that I would like to use then I am gonna run it into a JL HD900 5 - channel Amp. I was told when I purchased the Stealth JL Sub for the terrain that I have to jump the wires b4 the factory amp or after it if the signal b4 wasn't strong enough. Has anyone done this yet? Also Where is the factor amp located? Does anyone know the wiring coloring for the front, rear, sub? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
i am with you coldasice... would like the wiring diagram, although i am only dropping an extra sub and amp in.... just dont know where to wire the remote turn on wire to!! also dont know which wires to splice into for the audio input...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
addhero said:
i am with you coldasice... would like the wiring diagram, although i am only dropping an extra sub and amp in.... just dont know where to wire the remote turn on wire to!! also dont know which wires to splice into for the audio input...
No Worries My Friend, I am hoping this weekend to rip into my Terrain. I will post everything I can to make it easier for everyone. I have searched the net like mad and no one has the info posted that we need. This is what I have heard so far. You need to tap into the wiring b4 the internal amp. Then you run those wires to a signal processor. From there you can run your RCA's to your after market amp. Giving you Fronts, Rears, & Sub out put. The singal Porcessor that i have has a volume control on it. so keep your amp volume low. I'll post more as soon as I get into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,396 Posts
Does anyone know enough about the noise-cancelling setup on the 4 cyl. ? I had read that after a certain MPH, it no longer operates, because it is designed to cancel the idle and low speed engine noise. I wonder if the system could be modified to operate all the time, and give a quieter cabin all of the time. Seems like if it were that simple, GM would do it, and eliminate some of the sound insulation to save weight and cost.

Just a thought...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
RIT333 said:
Does anyone know enough about the noise-cancelling setup on the 4 cyl. ? I had read that after a certain MPH, it no longer operates, because it is designed to cancel the idle and low speed engine noise. I wonder if the system could be modified to operate all the time, and give a quieter cabin all of the time. Seems like if it were that simple, GM would do it, and eliminate some of the sound insulation to save weight and cost.

Just a thought...
That would be great! Unfortunately the ANC system is tuned to listen for a pretty specific sound within a pre-defined frequency range. A lot of road noise (like wind, sounds from big trucks, engine noise) actually comes across on frequencies a bit higher up in the spectrum. You have to also consider the security implications (from an automotive manufacturer's perspective) of actively canceling out all noise....for instance those areas on the side of the road that they cut out so that if you merge off the road you get a nice, loud sound and vibration. Plus car and police horns, sirens, someone yelling, all can be quite important to be able to hear. I agree though, there's certainly at least some general road/tire noise that it would be nice to get some help with...it's just not gunna happen :(
Personally I would be more happy to hear that the system really doesn't do much, so that I can rip it all out and replace with a nice factory looking stereo installation :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,396 Posts
reako said:
Unfortunately the ANC system is tuned to listen for a pretty specific sound within a pre-defined frequency range.
OK, then how about if I can get it programmed to eliminate the frequency of my wife's voice ! ;D ;D ;D


Actually, most men's brain already came standard with that capability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
RIT333 said:
OK, then how about if I can get it programmed to eliminate the frequency of my wife's voice ! ;D ;D ;D


Actually, most men's brain already came standard with that capability.
I'm sorry, what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,396 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RIT333 said:
Automatic noise cancellation.
Common guys, lets keep this Subject about installing an upgraded Stereo. If you guys want to talk about other things please use a different Subject
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top