GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Nox for a little over a year. I live in New Jersey and the weather has just started to get cold over the past few weeks. I've noticed that on real cold mornings, when I first turn on my car, I get a static noise for 2-3 seconds coming through my left front speakers. Has anyone had this issue or know what it might be? It doesn't happen everytime, so I don't want to bring it to the dealer just yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
When its making the noise try to turn the steering wheel, if the wheel is hard to turn it can be the relief valve in the steering box and not the speaker. But now that I think about it I may also have this noise but forgot about since I used the remote start all the time. When you are sitting in it does the noise almost sound like a power antenna is going up?

And you are sure right about it being cold in NJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my Equinox for 9 months now and I also have heard static noise definitely coming from my left door
speaker for the last 6 months. It only happens on the first start up of the day and usually lasts 5 to 10 seconds and does not re-appear until the next day's first start. I live in Ontario, Canada, and the noise has been noticeable since last summer. In my case, the noise is present whether its warm or cold. I will eventually bring this to the attention of the dealership.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend taking the vehicle into your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cottonseed said:
When its making the noise try to turn the steering wheel, if the wheel is hard to turn it can be the relief valve in the steering box and not the speaker. But now that I think about it I may also have this noise but forgot about since I used the remote start all the time. When you are sitting in it does the noise almost sound like a power antenna is going up?

And you are sure right about it being cold in NJ
No - i can't say that it sounds like a power antenna going up at all. It really is just a static sound.
Thanks for everyone's input so far. I do plan on taking it to the dealer, but I was hoping someone may have had it addressed already so that I could have told the dealer what the issue might be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the same issue. Mine starts slight in the morning and progresses towards the afternoon. taking my 2011 terrain tomorrow. They finally found a bulletin on it so I hope it gets fixed. The bulletin number is #PIT5091B. This says that there is a wiring or short somewhere causing the static.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SOOOO the bulletin did not work on my vehicle. They checked and replaced everything. They are still hearing the static after everything the bulletin tells them to do. oh and they lost my key and have to purchase me another one. YAY!!! :-\

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had the same problem last year. They replaced the amp and both front speakers.
Actually the speakers are already starting to go again. Very poor quality. Has anyone been able to do some kind of upgrade to the base model spaekers through the dealer? I just don't want to keep replacing them every year. I'd pay the difference.
Just such a waste of my time and the dealer's replacing under warranty. If not I'll just go after-market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2010 Nox LTZ has the same issues, static in the front left speaker, very noticiable when I am backing down the drive then it eventually dimishes. Thanks for the heads up on the bulitten. Will follow through dealer, though the warranty period has expired.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
trautmann3 said:
My 2010 Nox LTZ has the same issues, static in the front left speaker, very noticiable when I am backing down the drive then it eventually dimishes. Thanks for the heads up on the bulitten. Will follow through dealer, though the warranty period has expired.
Please feel free to keep us posted on your progress. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had every connectors and wiring replaced. It was fine for a day. I am now experiencing it in both speakers left and right side. I have everything set low. base is at a four, everything is set equally so nothing is off balanced. I just can't believe I am taking it in for the third time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 2010 Terrain with 32200 miles on it no issues until now. I had a buzzing/static noise coming from my right front speaker yesterday going home from work. I turned the radio on and it didn't help, I turned it off and I turned the blower off. When I got in my garage at home, I put it in park and revved the engine slightly and the buzzing increased with the engine to a certian rpm then went away but returned at idle and lower rpms.

I plan on taking it in to the dealer before my warranty runs out.

Rich

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rich good luck. I have had my car in four times for this problem. They finally Redid the whole wiring kit and its only been three days but its fine now. I am at 16000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been fighting the same thing on my 2011. The first dealer repaired the amp connector per the TSB. After about a week it started again. I proceeded to take it to another dealer & apparently the first dealer did such a bad job on the pigtail repair, the entire connector had to be replaced. Not halfway home, it started again. I spoke to the service adviser on the way home, & they offered to look at it again & call the help desk & get advise from them, but I have not had a chance to drop it off again. I have gone as far as removing the ANC fuse from the interior fuse block, but it persists. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
philcycle said:
I've been fighting the same thing on my 2011. The first dealer repaired the amp connector per the TSB. After about a week it started again. I proceeded to take it to another dealer & apparently the first dealer did such a bad job on the pigtail repair, the entire connector had to be replaced. Not halfway home, it started again. I spoke to the service adviser on the way home, & they offered to look at it again & call the help desk & get advise from them, but I have not had a chance to drop it off again. I have gone as far as removing the ANC fuse from the interior fuse block, but it persists. Any suggestions?
Please keep me posted on your progress. I would be happy to look into this for you as well with more information including the last eight of you VIN. I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I finally got it in the shop again with it doing it more consistently, & caught it in the act. They replaced not only replaced the front door speakers, but also the rear door ones. The invoice shows that there's a new bulletin numbered PIT5151 which suggests replacing them all. Time will tell if this is a confirmed fix, & I'll post again in a few days with the results. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts