GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So basically like the topic says, in the last two or three days when I've manually started my car i've noticed that when the rpm and speedometer go to the max and back I can here a very tiny ratcheting noise. I assume its the motors I am hearing as it times perfectly when the gauges move. It doesnt do it every time and the car has to be very quiet for me to hear but i've heard it none the less. I dont think there is a thread for this already so i started one. Forgive me if there is.... Any ideas?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Funny you mention that,I dont think it's the same thing but everytime I shut the car down(maybe a second later) I hear a distintive click,tap or knock, just one, almost as if or at least I was thinking maybe it's the actuator reseating?Anybody else notice that.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? I would be happy to look into this for you with more information. Please feel free to keep me posted either way. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not sure as I don't have a Terrain yet but I know on my Buick it does it when initializing the ABS breaks. Have someone start your car and see if they hear it coming from the engine area. Most likely they will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts