GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got this on the way to work today i was still able to drive it but power was cut in half 2011 equinox 2.4 motor

Disabled Stability Track / Reduce Engine Power

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
i just got this on the way to work today i was still able to drive it but power was cut in half 2011 equinox 2.4 motor

A good first step would be to scan your vehicle for DTC's (trouble codes).
This usually gives you a place to start.

Reactions: Scorpio-777

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Chevy Equinox w/65K same issue

My wife and I bought this used about 6 months ago, we are the 2nd owners. Last night the same issue came to light. Shut off the motor and restart, everything works fine. Again this morning issue repeated, same symptoms (Stability Trak Service/Reduced Engine Power) and restarted engine and issue seemingly resolves (except check engine light). What did you do to resolve the issue or does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sorry that happened. This happened to me on way home yesterday. I'm trying to figure out what to do. it went off but the drivng was Slow. I let it rest for 15 minutes it went off. I drove to Grocery Store it was no issue. I don't know what could have triggered. I am going to schedule a GMC Service. But Did you're stop doing that. What did you do? I have never seen it happen before. I have 34,499 miles on car. 2017 GMC TERRAIN. I was looking up info on YT one guy said 1st check to see if gas cap is on tight it could be a EVAC issue throwing off the codes engine reduced could be ANYTHING. I checked that and noticed my gas cap with the lock was not twisted on in lock position I had to twist to lock it. I will keep track but I just wanted to know from any others if the gas cap can cause issue. I had this issued once with my Ford Taurus. I didn't put gas cap on right or tight unti lit clicks. From now on I will wait for click but I guess i was in hurry. glad nobody did anything nor did I loose gas cap. Often the cover where you open to put gas in pops open. I don't know why it does that. This is my 2nd GMC TERRAIN. I had a 2015 but traded it during Covid 19 CAR SALE foir this 2017 model it only had 9,000 miles but anyway. it's a good car I just thought I would ask some questions. I didn't know there was a TERRAIN FAN Group. LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts