GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the terrain for about 4 months. 3500 Miles. 250 Miles a week to work and back :(.

Anyways.. The stability Light came on this morning I did a search on the forums and didnt find any one else who had this problem.
I have already taken it in to have it looked at. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

·
Registered
830 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
I have had the terrain for about 4 months. 3500 Miles. 250 Miles a week to work and back :(.

Anyways.. The stability Light came on this morning I did a search on the forums and didnt find any one else who had this problem.
I have already taken it in to have it looked at. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?
Maybe you just hitted the button to disable it ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope , Unfort it actually told me to have it checked. I tried pressing the button a few times to see if it would reset.
I have already taken it to the shop. I will see what is going on and let people know. Hopefully something simple.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got a call from the dealer they said they just had to reset the computer. Sounds a little fishy to me why did it go off in the first place they couldnt awnser that question..

·
Registered
830 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
Just got a call from the dealer they said they just had to reset the computer. Sounds a little fishy to me why did it go off in the first place they couldnt awnser that question..
Strange... Keep us informed about that if the trouble come back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm
called the service center and got the error code by request of a friend.
c0196

first search brought me to a recall for the 2009 /equinox
http://autolists.com/nhtsa/details.php?make=CHEVROLET&model=EQUINOX

And this is a recall for the 2009 equinox and the 2010 terrains,No 2009 terrain

Summary GENERAL MOTORS: ABS AND STABILITRAK LIGHTS ON DTC(S) U0121, C0550, C0186, C0196, C0710, C0252. THIS CONCERN CAN BE CAUSED BY WIRE HARNESS GOING TO EBCM, CHAFFING ON TRANSMISSION MOUNT OR METAL BRACKET. *PE

Im not sure if this is what is going on but I am going to have it dbl checked if not by them the by the one in San Marcos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts