GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 terrain 4cycle
The Stabilitrak light keeps coming on. I have had the following replaced and still have the same issue: steering wheel sensor, fuel pump, spark plugs and coil packs, cleaned throttle body, crank sensor, camshafts have been done all done at a GM Dealer. There has been several other repairs done also. I leave the dealership and don’t make it home before the light is on again. I have over $6,000 in repairs to this vehicle and it still does not have this light off. Can anyone suggest anything else to try that the dealer hasn’t yet please? The light shuts off when you shut the vehicle off and then when driving for a little bit again it comes back on with the rough idle and rough shifting to drive it. Please help!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Anything you try would be a guess unless you have a deep dive into the vehicles electronics, all four code groups would need to be scanned and since you do have a light on, it will be showing the way to what the problem is. Now as a guess, since you have a stabiltrak light on, this usually connects to the different systems, including steering, which you had a sensor replaced, abs and the amount of power which the vehicles powertrain receives. You would still really need a scan to help you.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 170.5k miles
4,085 Posts
Try reading the OBD-2 port for any codes. If you don’t have a reader, stop by one of the chain auto parts stores and ask them to read it for you. I know O’Reilly’s does it ... Advanced, too, I believe. Maybe AutoZone. I’m guessing your Check Engine Light is not ON? Still - maybe you have a “pending” or latent code in there? If wheel speed sensors have already been replaced, it’s possible the wrong one was replaced! There’s one on each wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did scan it today and still has no code or any stored codes. I did buy the abs wheel sensors for all 4 wheels but the dealer said that it didn’t need them and only did the spark plugs and coil packs. I was going to just have them replace all of them and hopefully have them eleimate anything else that could keep turning this light on. I thank you for the response.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 170.5k miles
4,085 Posts
I did scan it today and still has no code or any stored codes. I did buy the abs wheel sensors for all 4 wheels ... I was going to just have them replace all of them and hopefully have them eleimate anything else that could keep turning this light on.
I wouldn’t do that. Probably a waste of time and money. I don’t think it’s the end of the world because this light is on. Check the Owner’s Manual. Stabilitrack actually has to do with direction of travel. I think there are other sensors for that (yaw?) ... I’d have to look that up again ... can’t remember off hand.

Does it say “OFF” underneath the Stabilitrak icon (the car with the swiggly lines underneath)? If so, it thinks you’ve turned it OFF explicitly (by holding down the Traction Control button for multiple seconds). If this is the case, maybe it’s just a problem with the switch being aggravated by vibration. If not, then it’s probably that other sensor for “yaw” (I think it is) ... not the wheel speed sensors.

UPDATE: Just ran across member @abraham_rp85, who had the same issue a few years ago. Maybe he'll chime in with a resolution ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts