GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have 2008 Cadillac SRX. On a random basis the battery will drain and car will not start. Keys are not left in ignition. Looking for solution or cause.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
77654eh said:
have 2008 Cadillac SRX. On a random basis the battery will drain and car will not start. Keys are not left in ignition. Looking for solution or cause.
Isn't there a 4 year 50000 warranty on that vehicle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased used and the car has 70,000 miles. 2 trips to the dealer has not found the problem. No issues found with battery or charging system. I am thinking there might be a drain on the system, but no codes are showing.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would like to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me with more information including the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This was a reported problem on some Buick Enclaves. The most reliable conclusions were: something left plugged in...cell phone charger, dvd player, portable navigation unit, etc.; backed up and parked too close to a wall...for some reason the back-up sensors are still activated and can drain the battery; lights left on...interior or exterior. Take a look at Enclaveforum.net for some possible answers. Hope this helps. Oh, of course, have the battery checked...it could be old or just not holding a charge. Same goes for the alternator, or a slipping drive belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts