GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are picking up our 2011 'Nox LTZ today. We shopped the SRX and Terrian but decided that the 'Nox was the best value (and she liked the 'Nox styling the best). One thing that we liked about the SRX was that in the back, under the cover, was a cooler that you could put ice and drinks in for a tailgate party. we have a cordless margaritaville and it would be great to have it.

Anyone know is that stuff can be put into a 'Nox? I will look into it as I assume its not been done yet, and maybe I will be the first to do it.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
For the $15-20K delta in price you can buy a lot of ice, or even a portable generator and a freezer and still be money ahead. But seriously, I think you can find a little ice-freezer that run on 12V also.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe i didnt give enough details in the question... The cooler is not electric, its just Styrofoam but it has a drain plug that goes out the bottom on the car for when the ice melts. I would never spend $10k for form fitted Styrofoam and a drain plug.

here are some pics i found of it on ebay. not many SRX sellers even seem to know what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
There is only enough room under the Equinox/Terrain parcel-tray for a couple dozen ice cubes, and only after they have melted - i.e. unless you remove the spare tires, you'll never fit a cooler in there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ironranger said:
I don't think it's a cooler. ;D
what is it?

after picking the car up I decided that its not in my best interest to eliminate the spare to put in that bin (no matter what it is).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Dave25 said:
maybe i didnt give enough details in the question... The cooler is not electric, its just Styrofoam but it has a drain plug that goes out the bottom on the car for when the ice melts. I would never spend $10k for form fitted Styrofoam and a drain plug.

here are some pics i found of it on . not many SRX sellers even seem to know what it is.
OK, now I see the picture, thanks Dave25.
Nice, but where does the spare tire go?
:eek:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
gearhead said:
OK, now I see the picture, thanks Dave25.
Nice, but where does the spare tire go?
:eek:
For some reason (I guess Caddy owners dislike getting their hands dirty? ;D) there is no spare on the SRX.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do assume that SRX has a spare, and I will agree, its probably because the above statement, they dont want to get their hands dirty. I would also say that adding runflats allow them to charge more, and then you can save weight by eliminating the spare.

·
Registered
830 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts