GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so this is purely hypothetical but how much effort and work and money do you think it would take to put the 2.8T engine in the terrain. Now I'm not going to do this but I'm just curious seeing as how they are very similar vehicles. And I'm sure everyone will say just buy the SRX and I know thats the obvious thing to do if you want the power but im just being hypothetical here.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm guessing it would be very doable for someone with the technical skill/tools/time to do it, but would probably be easier to add an aftermarket turbo kit to your 3.0.

·
Registered
441 Posts
effort- alot.....

money- even more....the engine alone, even if you found a wrecked brand new caddy; would be 5k..... not to mention you need wiring, mounts, tranny, etc

simple answer- buy the caddy

its the same platform built on, but that doesnt mean the rest is going to be even close...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Having built several classic cars and street rods, I can say that with enough money, time and knowledge anything can be done. Most logical folks however, will let wisdom step in and ask the question--is this a practical approach/idea or is there a better solution? In this case, I totally agree with NoobNox, put a supercharger or turbo kit on the current dual overhead cam V6 and have a very interesting vehicle that would blow the doors off the 2.8 I4T from the Caddy. ::)

·
Registered
239 Posts
RSchleder said:
Having built several classic cars and street rods, I can say that with enough money, time and knowledge anything can be done. Most logical folks however, will let wisdom step in and ask the question--is this a practical approach/idea or is there a better solution? In this case, I totally agree with NoobNox, put a supercharger or turbo kit on the current dual overhead cam V6 and have a very interesting vehicle that would blow the doors off the 2.8 I4T from the Caddy. ::)
The 2.8 in the Caddy is a V6T.

·
Registered
306 Posts
GMCdriver--thank you for that clarification. Since that's the case, the Caddy engine would be much stronger than I suggested. My mistake :-[

1 - 6 of 6 Posts