GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the splash guards from GM or some ridiculously big ones, who else makes molded splash guards for the new Nox. I want to protect the bottom without it being really noticeable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The splash guards offered by GM blend in very well with the fender liners and aren't all that noticeable... at least on my Terrain. Cost about $80 plus another $40 to have installed by dealer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I'll probably end up getting them from the dealer because at least they'll fit well and if not they will do something about it.

Somewhat off this topic, since we haven't received our yet, does the $750 maintenance card have to be used only on our new Nox or can I also apply it towards our other GM vehicles?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put the factory splash guards on my Equinox, installed them myself. FOUND THEM TO BE HIGH QUALITY AND FOLLOWED THE EXISTING LINES OF THE CAR. Did'nt take too long following factory instructions, well mounted and easy to install.

·
Registered
35 Posts
go with the factory GM accessories splash guards...they look like they are meant to be there...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bad Dave said:
go with the factory GM accessories splash guards...they look like they are meant to be there...
Completely agree....and when installed imho adds nice visual effect

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have pics of their front and rear splash guards? I'm having trouble finding any pics online. Would like to know what they look like before i commit to buying some.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ssmokinjoe said:
Does anyone have pics of their front and rear splash guards? I'm having trouble finding any pics online. Would like to know what they look like before i commit to buying some.

I'm sure some better ones floating around as well

·
Registered
315 Posts
ssmokinjoe said:
Thanks! Nice pics. I'll order mine soon. Did you install those yourself?
Yes its a very easy install

·
Registered
91 Posts
ssmokinjoe said:
$40?? I've seen front and rear for about $80. Is it cheaper somewhere else?
I was referring to the labor cost quoted above not being necessary due to the ease of install - mine were about $80 and took very little effort to install.

·
Registered
297 Posts
grometsc or anyone else that has installed the GM splash guards on their Equinox, would it be possible to get a picture from the side? I guess more of a "profile" picture is the word I'm looking for. How about personal opinions on whether you think they look as good as you thought they would and/or whether you would install them, or have them installed again?

Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They were a piece of cake to install and look like they belong there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
TerryG said:
They were a piece of cake to install and look like they belong there.
Ditto. Drilled 2 holes total and screwed a bunch of screws in. Hardest thing was removing the plastic push pins in the wheel well. Those things were really in there!

·
Registered
315 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
grometsc or anyone else that has installed the GM splash guards on their Equinox, would it be possible to get a picture from the side? I guess more of a "profile" picture is the word I'm looking for. How about personal opinions on whether you think they look as good as you thought they would and/or whether you would install them, or have them installed again?

Thanks.
Better then what I expected...I was not sure how they would look going into it, but I have connections @ a dealer, and ordered them up when I did a few other things just to see how they would look, and hoped they would match the bottom...Its a perfect match, something I do not think you will find with aftermarket.

Install was cake as mentioned

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can anyone else post some pics of the factory splash/mud guards?
The ones in this thread say "moved or deleted". I can't find any pics anywhere.

I'd appreciate it. Had mine a week now. Definitely notice the difference of not having them in wet weather vs. my old car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I posted some a while back, here they are again. Click to enlarge...
[smg id=222]
[smg id=221]
[smg id=220]
[smg id=219]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts