GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always put GM splash guards on my previous two Equinoxes but GM only offers rears on current generation. I know Weathertech is popular but I was also looking online at the Husky brand. What works best for the fronts with that fiber like liner. With ice and snow buildup in the wheelwells of past vehicles, I'm not sure if there is one that will not pull out of the liner. Any experience with front splash guards and winter weather? The Weathertech appears to have clips that push in on the liner to catch the lip of the fender which would leave a gap for moisture and dust to enter if I am thinking this through correctly.

· Registered
315 Posts
Used both brands and very happy. I know what your saying about the metal clips, I covered the one side with grease, in case metal on metal rubbing. Maybe try using black plastic dip to cover the clip first ? On my 21 Colorado I did not add the screws and clips on the tops, where I would have to also drill new holes. Never an issue and the guards do not move, maybe try only adding fasteners where the existing holes line up.

· Registered
921 Posts
The GM part number for the 2023 rear splash guards is the same as the 2018-2022. Wonder if the 2018-2022 front splash guards also fit the 2023?

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The GM part number for the 2023 rear splash guards is the same as the 2018-2022. Wonder if the 2018-2022 front splash guards also fit the 2023?
2023 Rears would be the same as previous models. Dealer was suppose to throw them in but picked it up yesterday and no splash guards. Oh well, now I can get 4 matching ones if I can figure out which ones are the better ones. Leaning towards the Husky brand for now.

Kept my cargo net from my 2014 & 2016 Equinoxes and discovered last night that GM changed the upper hooks. I used a net a lot for groceries, etc.

· Registered
921 Posts
According to this site, there are genuine GM front splash guards for the 2023

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Accessories.chevrolet.com only shows the rears as does Chevy's vehicle build app. Both sets come with backer plates for support. Trying to find online instructions to see if the liners have to be removed for installing the backer plates. Nice find Arcee as my dealer claimed there isn't a GM front splash guard for an Equinox.

· Registered
2018 Equinox Premier AWD 2.0
1,032 Posts
According to this site, there are genuine GM front splash guards for the 2023

On my 2018, the front builtin splash guards extend down about 1.75 inches.
I wonder how much lower these extend down?

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chevrolet Accessories show GM# 84519647 for the front and two numbers for the rear, 84518206 & 84519651 for a 2023 Equinox. Tried a couple of the GM dealer online outlets and all of them showed these numbers are not compatible for a 2023 but are for a 2022 and earlier. Guessing outdated databases. I ordered 84519647 and 84518206 splash guards from two different E-Bay outlets. It will be awhile before they get here and before the weather warms up for outside installation. I will follow up with how it goes in case anybody else is looking. I did not realize that the fiber fender linings were open behind them when I felt underneath last night. The GM splash guards appear to have "L" shaped backers which makes more sense than the Husky or Weathertech items due to the fiber like liner. Keeping fingers crossed that I am thinking this through correctly.

· Registered
2018 Equinox Premier AWD 2.0
1,032 Posts
Chevrolet Accessories show GM# 84519647 for the front and two numbers for the rear, 84518206 & 84519651 for a 2023 Equinox. Tried a couple of the GM dealer online outlets and all of them showed these numbers are not compatible for a 2023 but are for a 2022 and earlier. Guessing outdated databases. I ordered 84519647 and 84518206 splash guards from two different E-Bay outlets. It will be awhile before they get here and before the weather warms up for outside installation. I will follow up with how it goes in case anybody else is looking. I did not realize that the fiber fender linings were open behind them when I felt underneath last night. The GM splash guards appear to have "L" shaped backers which makes more sense than the Husky or Weathertech items due to the fiber like liner. Keeping fingers crossed that I am thinking this through correctly.
When you get the front ones can you hold one in place to see how much lower it extends down.
You can measure down to the floor to compare both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts