GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that right after I turn the ignition key and release it to start the car, the speedometer and RPM go all the way the max and then go back down to normal. I never saw this with any cars before. Does your Equinox do this and is this normal? I have a 2012 1LT.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes - normal --- My SKY does it as well.... It runs through tegh whole range at start up as a systems check...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Its a system check. On alot of the higher end luxury cars, all of the gauges do it. Fuel and temp included. Learned that when I had a Buick Regal turbo loaner. Nice car btw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for asking this question, and thanks to those who answered, I was wondering that exact same thing too! I was worried, but forgot to ask my dealer when I had my NOX in for the recall last week, which BTW finally fixed my start-up noise. YAY! :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Funny- my DD is an Audi A3, and in my A3 forum, people would kill to have the 'start-up sweep' of the needles!
When I first got in our Equinox, I chuckled- if the Audi-philes only knew... ;D

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
skotti said:
Funny- my DD is an Audi A3, and in my A3 forum, people would kill to have the 'start-up sweep' of the needles!
When I first got in our Equinox, I chuckled- if the Audi-philes only knew... ;D
People always want what they don't have. After they 1st few times, I never even notice it - yet people will pay money for that "feature".

·
Registered
300 Posts
RIT333 said:
People always want what they don't have. After they 1st few times, I never even notice it - yet people will pay money for that "feature".
I have never figured out why a person would buy a bottom of the line model then right away want to add things they would have gotten on a higher end model. When I priced my Nox out I went to a lower model and added some things the LTZ had that I would like to have and it ended up $600.00 over what the LTZ cost and there was one or two things the LTZ had that you couldn't buy as an option.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
Don B said:
I have never figured out why a person would buy a bottom of the line model then right away want to add things they would have gotten on a higher end model. When I priced my Nox out I went to a lower model and added some things the LTZ had that I would like to have and it ended up $600.00 over what the LTZ cost and there was one or two things the LTZ had that you couldn't buy as an option.
A lesson learned. I am in the LTZ camp now, whereas earlier in my life I would have been adding stuff and paying more than the LTZ price !

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was under strict instructions with this car purchase. The Nox is primarily my wife's ride. She works a few evenings a week and in winter really hated the cold interior of a car - to top that we only live 5 miles from her work so heat would often never even come up by the time she got home. So -- heated seats - Check ---- Remote start - Check ----- We both enjoy sun roof -- Check. I am a chrome fan (sorry child of the 50-60's) - Check. I found LT2 hit those parameters so that's where I bought. Overall less expensive (per item) - full warrenty (no retrofit) and the surprised look on her face when she came back from Ireland and found her new car.. (The Cardinal -- she names all vehicles) .... Pricless
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I was under strict instructions with this car purchase. The Nox is primarily my wife's ride. She works a few evenings a week and in winter really hated the cold interior of a car - to top that we only live 5 miles from her work so heat would often never even come up by the time she got home. So -- heated seats - Check ---- Remote start - Check ----- We both enjoy sun roof -- Check. I am a chrome fan (sorry child of the 50-60's) - Check. I found LT2 hit those parameters so that's where I bought. Overall less expensive (per item) - full warrenty (no retrofit) and the surprised look on her face when she came back from Ireland and found her new car.. (The Cardinal -- she names all vehicles) .... Pricless
:cheers:
Sounds like a devoted Catholic young lady She ever name one bishop?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Actually it was after the bird.... But dead on with the Catholicism.... :thumb:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
newuser11 said:
I noticed that right after I turn the ignition key and release it to start the car, the speedometer and RPM go all the way the max and then go back down to normal. I never saw this with any cars before. Does your Equinox do this and is this normal? I have a 2012 1LT.
When this happens, check and make sure your not in drive, if you are check your rearview for flashing lights

1 - 15 of 15 Posts