GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left, driver speaker on my wife's 2010 Terrain sounds like it's blown. Volume is her enemy, so I'm sure she didn't crank it up to blow it. Just a terrible, distorted rattle like it's completely shot.

Any known issues with this? What's my play? Replace it with the same Pioneer speaker that just popped? Dealership or Audio Express? Just looking for some insight before I proceed with the fix. I'd like to tinker with it on my own, but the **** thing is brand new and I don't want to go tooling around when I'm not that experienced with car audio.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My driver side and passenger side front speakers are having the same problems. I hope it is covered under warranty because I just bought this Terrain.

·
Registered
949 Posts
tahoebigah - is your audio system the Pioneer one also?

I've heard many people here mentioning problems with their Pioneer systems. And, yes people have issues with the basic audio system as well, but it seems the Pioneer ones might have more issues? Seems strange.

But it should be covered by warranty. I'd just have them replace the speaker. If the replacement Pioneer speaker goes out too, then I'd look into a different brand or something.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more assistance. I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
tahoebigah said:
My driver side and passenger side front speakers are having the same problems. I hope it is covered under warranty because I just bought this Terrain.
I would be happy to look into this concern for you as well as your warranty information. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN. Thank you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 2010 Nox and had this problem too. After multiple trips to the dealer it was fixed. Now it's back again. Such a shame. The car is awesome. The radio / NAV is a POS. I have had every problem with it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
I have a 2010 Nox and had this problem too. After multiple trips to the dealer it was fixed. Now it's back again. Such a shame. The car is awesome. The radio / NAV is a POS. I have had every problem with it.
Is yours the Pioneer stereo system as well?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sumr616 said:
Is yours the Pioneer stereo system as well?
Yes. I notice the speaker crackle when I'm driving and the radio is off.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Wow. Interesting that so many people with the "upgraded" Pioneer system are the ones having issues with their speakers. I have the cheap ones, and I haven't had any problems with them.

I will say I just about died a few weeks after we bought the car and I heard the drivers side speaker "crackle." After a day or two, I figured out it was because my sunglasses somehow ended up in that door cubby, and they were just rattling around. Phew. ....glad I didn't take it into the dealer for that diagnosis. lol.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Dawgdaes said:
I would be happy to look into this concern for you and set up a case. Please feel free to contact me with your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealer name and I will be able to take further steps. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually had the same problem with my driver side speaker. Turns out it was busted and I went ahead and replaced both front speakers today, and I'll do the rear tomorrow. I haven't noticed a problem with the ANC since I replaced the fronts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2010 Equinox with the basic audio and front driver speaker has been replaced once already and is now making noises again. Currently looking to just upgrade the speakers ourselves instead of having to go to change it out again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts