GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search...but couldn't find answer.
Do all 2010+ Equinox come with a SpaceSaver spare tire?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
It's pretty rare to get a full-size spare anymore...I think it's because the compact is smaller and lighter and helps with gas mileage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me restate that...
Is the SpaceSaver(compact type) spare tire included with the Equinox....or no spare..and some form of compressor or fix-a-flat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
The 2010 Equinox includes a compact spare. The compressor/fix-a-flat usually comes with hybrid or battery cars with batteries as the battery typically takes up crucial space, and saves weight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks lefty
...Nice to know.
My Solstice came without a spare tire...but with a portable compressor. New Vettes are spareless as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
leftypjb said:
The 2010 Equinox includes a compact spare. The compressor/fix-a-flat usually comes with hybrid or battery cars with batteries as the battery typically takes up crucial space, and saves weight.
cobalt comes with a compressor/fix a flat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,502 Posts
I thought I read that the '11 Regal is spareless also. Quite a sweet ride - IMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
The majority of GM vehicles are losing the spare because you get free roadside assistance for the 5 yr/100k mileage warranty.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RIT333 said:
I thought I read that the '11 Regal is spareless also. Quite a sweet ride - IMHO.
We happened to drive through a local Buick dealership in April shortly after they received their first '11 Regal. After test driving it..we liked it much better than the larger LaCross. Both are super quiet more refined new GM rides...but the Regal is much sportier and now offered with a turbo 4. However..after several Equinox test drives..we finally determined that this was easily the more versatile vehicle for us. After owning several more convenient SUV/CUV types can make it difficult to return to a traditional four door family car limited to only a trunk and lower winter weather ride..no matter how "improved". Especially when some of the new CUV versions now offer very similar upscale amenities as well. We are now anxiously awaitng our '11 Equinox..!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Had the misfortune of having a flat after someone tossed a plastic cup out their window on the highway
Onstar worked great, tire was ruined so without a spare of any kind, they would have had to tow the vehicle somewhere till another tire could be purchased.
Ended up that most places were out of the tire I needed and told me they could get one in in about 2 weeks.. Finnally after driving to another town I found a replacement tire for only $268.00 Without the spare, my vehicle would have been sitting till a tire came in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Had the misfortune of having a flat after someone tossed a plastic cup out their window on the highway
Onstar worked great, tire was ruined so without a spare of any kind, they would have had to tow the vehicle somewhere till another tire could be purchased.
Ended up that most places were out of the tire I needed and told me they could get one in in about 2 weeks.. Finnally after driving to another town I found a replacement tire for only $268.00 Without the spare, my vehicle would have been sitting till a tire came in
Only $268 for a tire? That is alot What vehicle was this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
Only $268 for a tire? That is alot What vehicle was this?
2010 terrain with 17" Michelin
I wanted to keep all the same tires on the vehicle because it only has 5000 miles on it
Got the exact same tire except on the new tire nowhere does it say made in the USA like the factory tires.....Hmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
2 Lattitudes they sell near me .. One is $154 the other $178

Spec's for the $154

Michelin Latitude Tour
Front & Rear
Qty : 12345678
Install at Mavis Quote
Ship to My Home Quote

All Season Grand Touring

Front & Rear: 225/65R17
Speed Rating: T
Service Desc: 100T
Load Range: SL Ply Rating: 4
Sidewall: Blackwall
Specs/Reviews
UTQG - Quality Grade
Treadwear: 720
Traction: A
Temperature: B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
Sorry everyone it was only 168.00
just noticed when I got all the responses Still a pricey tire..
The point I was trying to make was that without even a donut spare one could have their vehicle out of service for awhile waiting on a tire.
****, how did I put 268 in there????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
With todays tire prices not too bad. I doubt my replacements will be Michilens .. They are expensive
This was the first tire I've purchased in about 25 years
I've always replaced the vehicle before its needed tires/brakes etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,502 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Sorry everyone it was only 168.00
just noticed when I got all the responses Still a pricey tire..
The point I was trying to make was that without even a donut spare one could have their vehicle out of service for awhile waiting on a tire.
****, how did I put 268 in there????
Now, that's not TOO bad.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top