GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Kinda a weird question, but is it possible to get software updates for the headunit at all? Does this all happen automatically through Applecar play at all or do I need to take it to the dealer & Pay a ridiculous amount of money? (Like money hungry Mitsubishi) Sorry for the stupid question, haha, I knew about everything I needed to know about mitsubishis, now being an Equinox owner, I know absolutely nothing haha..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi guys,

Kinda a weird question, but is it possible to get software updates for the headunit at all? Does this all happen automatically through Applecar play at all or do I need to take it to the dealer & Pay a ridiculous amount of money? (Like money hungry Mitsubishi) Sorry for the stupid question, haha, I knew about everything I needed to know about mitsubishis, now being an Equinox owner, I know absolutely nothing haha..
Mine auto updates, it's done it twice already. I had to configure it to use my home WiFi in the settings. It might also work if you have the WiFi hotspot service but I know it works on my WiFi. Both times it happened was when I pulled into the garage and it was in range of my WiFi it prompted me that it was installing the update and how long it would take.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine auto updates, it's done it twice already. I had to configure it to use my home WiFi in the settings. It might also work if you have the WiFi hotspot service but I know it works on my WiFi. Both times it happened was when I pulled into the garage and it was in range of my WiFi it prompted me that it was installing the update and how long it would take.
Oh! Thank you so much! I shall look into it!!

·
Registered
531 Posts

it does work with the hotspot. and for people without onstar wifi, or house wifi that reaches outside... most cell phones have a hotspot you can enable and log onto... it doesn’t take long to update or use much data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
956 Posts
I must have shut off my wifi 2 years ago when my free hotspot ended.
Last month when I was checking setting I saw wifi was shut off.
I turn it on, it connected to the home wifi and about 10 updates flashed by on the screen.
I was surprised the updates only took about a minute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts