GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one up and running in my Terrain right now :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Is that what the plastic knockout plug on the dash is intended for?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Terrain said:
Is that what the plastic knockout plug on the dash is intended for?
No, I wish that would make life a lot easier! The hard part is going to be seeing if there is room IN the dash for the unit, right now I've got it sitting on top of the IP and its definitely not pretty but not in the way either... There is a lot more to be done here LOL

·
Registered
441 Posts
aftermarket? or did you rip if out of a c5?

edit: or maybe out of your z06?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OEM but not Corvette :) I'll post some video when I get a bit further into this :)

·
Banned
43 Posts
goofygames said:
Call me the idiot, but what is HUD?
A device that projects certain information on the windscreen. Head Up Display (HUD).

·
Registered
978 Posts
GTPprix said:
OEM but not Corvette :) I'll post some video when I get a bit further into this :)
I think you're using the G-8 pontiac

·
Registered
441 Posts
anonymous said:
G8 does not have a HUD.
correct....only other GM's i know of are caddy XLRs

·
Banned
43 Posts
gar187er said:
I know you can get it in the Acadia too. Not sure about anything else.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
gar187er said:
Grand Prix has them, not sure what year, I think my niece's is a 2006-07 or so and it looks great.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
We bought our 16 yr old son a loaded 2005 Grand Prix that does have the HUD. We had never had it on a car...mainly because we assumed it would be somewhat distractive. However..I quickly learned to like it and it doesn't block vision at all. Pretty neat really!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bonneville's had it also. Quite a few cars had it awhile ago.

Would be a nice feature/option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i drove a 2010 v6 camaro with it so im assuming all the new camaro's has it....and also the camaro is one of the cars GTPprix has worked on.....

·
Registered
297 Posts
My Bonneville had it...I liked it, but I don't really miss it. What was cool was that it displayed radio stations, CD number and track numbers. Of course it also displayed speed, but I still found myself glancing down at the speedometer most of the time. I guess that habit was hard to break.

IIRC, the installation of an HUD requires either a different windshield or at least a special coating to improve the reflectivity of the display.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts