GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

So were did this happen??? ANd how did it happen HERE.

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NoobNox 
#1 ·

:eek:

So what part of the country do I live in.

Want a hint.

I live about a mile from were the Super Bowl is going to be played.

I got to say that this is just crazy, I have not seen ice and snow like this for at least 25 years.
Bad thing is we still have some ice on the roads and this is a dry snow so it makes the ice even slicker then ice alone.
I left work around 12:30 am and we already had over 3 inches (they said only 1/2 to 1 inch was going to fall) and had to go I35 South to I30 East and to get to I 30 East bound I had to go up and over both I30 and I35. This is a long steep over pass and I knew that it was going to be slick.
So I got up to 35 mph so I would not have to give it much gas to make it to the top of the overpass
Passed 3 Big Rigs and 6 cars, trucks that were stuck, sideways or sliding backwards.
1 guy in a BMW was just passed a Van and he was right in the middle of the road so I had to go left around the van then right around him. He was spining the back wheels like crazy and just sitting there going nowhere.
The Terrain just chugged up the over pass with out any problems and got me all the 22 miles it takes to get home.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm about 15 miles from where the Superbowl is being played so I know exactly what you mean. I blame all the cheeseheads in town for bringing the bad karma. :'( Having said that, I'm very impressed with how my 2WD Nox is handling it..especially since this isn't straight up snow on the road. I still get a bit of slippage on icy patches but it's very easy to control, and I haven't gotten sideways yet.

#5 ·
It really did well last night and other then I could not have fun like I could have if I had been in my Camaro, I not sure I could have got home if I had been in the Camaro.

#6 ·
Trailblazer said:
Nice. That is a picture postcard.
Now I don't feel so bad. I live in Rochester, NY and we are up to 88 inches of snow this winter, and counting.
We could not handle 88 inches here, they had to bring in snowplows because of the Super Bowl so that helps with that somewhat.
I was born in Akron Ohio so I remember having snow for months and months.

#8 ·
TerryG said:

We ended up with 18" and just waited a few hours til the plows went thru. No problem here in west Michigan
1/2 the people down here would die if we got that much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.