GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still need to work a few things out as with anything I am running into complications but here's the "moon buggy" as it's been nicknamed at work. She is a beauty if I do say so myself

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Nicely done!!!

Not overkill either, top rack and lites are perfect.

For me, the front end doesn't need anything added, just my 2cents.

Fantastic!! :thumb:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Doesn't the tall tires just kill acceleration going up a long hill?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Florida. I don't have any hills. Lmao

And thanks polrcub. I was debating a bull bar or not.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Dune.. that looks good.. did you get the work done to the wheel wells.. it looks from this picture you have more clearance? Me personally though I like the other extreme.. low to the ground. When I get some time and monies I wanna bag mine and have it kissing the ground.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks awesome. I'm a lowered guy myself, but always appreciate the lifted and off-road stuff. Very cool Terrain.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to fix a couple things but I'm very happy with the outlook

·
Registered
225 Posts
very tempting to do that now to my equinox. but the look of the Terrain just goes much better with the lift. i always felt the terrain just looked too low for the look it was going for.

are there any issues with the stability control system?

with bigger wheels and tires, i wonder if brakes from other GM models can be adopted to fit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No issues with traction control yet. I still need to fix a few things before its 100% good and need to change my wheel setup because the offset is WAY too low and I hit the body lock to lock. I need to bring them in slightly and I'll be good. Once all is 100% I'll post more pics and all the specs on it

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Excuse me while I wipe some drool off my keyboard. :drunk:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the looks I get everywhere I go with it. People can't believe its a terrain. I'm still debating a bullbar on the front of it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

I like looking back at your pictures. Really awesome!
Don't know if you wanna try: the Denali have slightly different front headlights housings with some black in it. Might really help your looks if you swapped housings?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

Did you post a write up on how to get the steering clearance?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dunesrunner08 said:
I love the looks I get everywhere I go with it. People can't believe its a terrain. I'm still debating a bullbar on the front of it.
bullbar and smoked headlights would complete the look. Make it look so evil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very cool looking, I like subtle accents, so for me having the GMC badging in the grill painted red or something would be my personal touch but I really like it. Still very clean looking and not gawdy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking I may send out the headlights to have them painted and have halos installed. The taillight a may get smoked too. And the bull bar is up in the air still

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah ... I think that looks good. You've added your customizations while still maintaining the identity of the vehicle.

Glad to see you didn't put it on the ground ... can't understand why anybody would want their car sitting so low that they risk bottoming out every time the surface beneath is just slightly uneven.

But here's the big question: How much extra ($$) has been invested to achieve this look, and how much of that can you get back out when you sell the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re: Re: Re: So I still have a few kinks to work out but here it is

Colt Hero said:
But here's the big question: How much extra ($$) has been invested to achieve this look, and how much of that can you get back out when you sell the vehicle?
The big question? Depends on who you ask - for some of us, any money spent on our vehicles is well spent. 8)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts