GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it won't start AGAIN.

It was at the shop for 4 days after leaving me stranded in a parking lot because it wouldn't start.

I get to the dealer to pick it up...and excited that i get to drive my 2 day old equinox again...and the effing thing won't start.

way to go GM...no wonder your broke.
I get rid of my 07 escalade because it was in the shop every other day....to get a pretty new equinox (oh..that i waited 10 weeks for) that doesn't last long enough to be an every other day occurrence....more like next day.

90 miles...day and a half...and in the shop for 5 now....

ugh..i should just get a ford.

oh...
its a 2010 equinox LTZ fully loaded, V6 AWD for those that care.

end rant

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: So i goto the dealer, get in my POS equinox

update:

whole new set of codes resulting in the same situation, dealer is replacing ECU now.

my god...what next

·
Registered
1,153 Posts

You definitely have something wrong in the wiring harness/alternator or something and the dealer just hasn't figured it out yet. I don't think this is a widespread issue (I'm a member of several chevy/equinox forums and this is a first for the 2010 models I'm aware of) but your dealer really should give you a loaner until they figure out whats wrong and fix it. Hell, insist they replace the entire electrical system (incl wiring harness, alternator, ECU etc..) if they can't figure it out..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

Problems HAPPEN. Any vehicle could have this happen. IIRC, there was a rash of new Ford Edges that were dead in the water when they drove them off the transport truck.

Give your dealer a chance to figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
282 Posts

:'( POS Equinox? You make me sad! I hope this isn't true with mine

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

This is the reason people say not to buy a first year model vehicle. Don't forget IT IS A NEW MODEL.
Like I said on my other post. The service tech hasn't even changed the oil on a Terrain yet.
My 03 Harley had electrical problems from day one and fow a few years afterward. I called it "The Prince Of Darkness" I really hate electrical problems...they're the worst kind.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

GARYD said:
This is the reason people say not to buy a first year model vehicle. Don't forget IT IS A NEW MODEL.
Like I said on my other post. The service tech hasn't even changed the oil on a Terrain yet.
My 03 Harley had electrical problems from day one and fow a few years afterward. I called it "The Prince Of Darkness" I really hate electrical problems...they're the worst kind.[/color]
I hear that GARYD!
Thing is, electrical things run on smoke.
It's when you let the smoke out that problems start!
;D :eek: ;D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have a loaner car...so that is good. Just really annoys me that I only drove it for a day.

If tomorrow the ECU doesn't take care of the problem, I'll have them go the replace electrical system route.

It is still rediculous..you all have to admit that.

·
Registered
44 Posts

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Mine has been problem-free so far in the 4 days I've had it (well except for some strange issue where sometimes the radio doesn't come on when I press the button--trying to figure out if it is related to having a USB flash drive plugged in). If your problems persist, remember that there are lemon laws that exist to protect you.

It is true that sometimes first year models have issues that are worked out in subsequent years. I went with an extended warranty (6 years, 75k miles) that my dealer offered at a pretty affordable price for just that reason and peace of mind.

·
Registered
446 Posts

We've had ours 5 months so far. Only non-recall issue so far was a minor suspension adjustment. Nothing broke, just a "little low" in one corner. We've had 7 GM products over the past 2 decades, none of them have been a problem. Loved every one of them. Drove 2 of them to almost 200K miles. My sister just traded in a '92 Suburban with 250K miles for a 'Nox. Almost hated to see that good 'ol SUV go away.

If they do find the issue and fix it, treat her nice and she'll last you a very long time.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I am REALLY hoping that the ECU solves this and it will all be behind me. Since it is happening when the vehicle sits for a few hours, I hope i don't get stranded at work again tomorrow.

If that is the case....and i get stranded again...i'll be quite mad.

I hope it doesn't get to that 8)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

well..the ECU fixed it (well..it started...hasn't sat around long enough to see if the problem shows up again)

however...the cleaning crew a the dealer scratched it, so it is now in the body shop getting fixed...

sigh, just one thing after another.

Supposed to get it tomorrow...if it starts that is.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

djmodifyd said:
well..the ECU fixed it (well..it started...hasn't sat around long enough to see if the problem shows up again)

however...the cleaning crew a the dealer scratched it, so it is now in the body shop getting fixed...

sigh, just one thing after another.

Supposed to get it tomorrow...if it starts that is.
Well that's kinda good to hear!
Hopefully it all works out OK.

We had many scratches touched up and even the rear applique left of the rear windshield replaced no charge after we took delivery.
We pointed them out (actually the wife did) before signing the dotted line.
The body shop did a great job, you'd never notice the scratches buffed out or touched up, nor the new applique, which took a couple months to get!

Here's to a happy ending, djmodifyd!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

gearhead said:
Well that's kinda good to hear!
Hopefully it all works out OK.

We had many scratches touched up and even the rear applique left of the rear windshield replaced no charge after we took delivery.
We pointed them out (actually the wife did) before signing the dotted line.
The body shop did a great job, you'd never notice the scratches buffed out or touched up, nor the new applique, which took a couple months to get!

Here's to a happy ending, djmodifyd!

thanks! i really hope it starts tomorrow..i just want my pretty equinox back!
also, dealer wrote me a check out for my first months payment..which was very nice of them (almost 800 dollars!)

·
Registered
182 Posts

I have a friend who refuses to touch Toyota because he's had a DOA camry, and then his next car, a Lexus, blew a tranny immediately.

Bad luck can strike with anyone. When you spit out tens of thousands of vehicles, there's bound to be a couple bad ones. Even Lexus, the top rated brand in initial and long-term quality, is not 100% perfect.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

I know this is going to sound strange, but I got to thinking.

Have you checked the ground on the battery? Any loose ground will cause a myriad of problems and its pretty simple to check.

That is nice of your dealer to compensate you like that though. Give the Nox a chance and Im sure you'll love it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

bballr4567 said:
I know this is going to sound strange, but I got to thinking.

Have you checked the ground on the battery? Any loose ground will cause a myriad of problems and its pretty simple to check.

That is nice of your dealer to compensate you like that though. Give the Nox a chance and Im sure you'll love it!
good point...i never did check that.
I wonder if the dealer thought of that?

·
Registered
698 Posts

djmodifyd said:
dealer wrote me a check out for my first months payment..which was very nice of them (almost 800 dollars!)
You're paying $800 per month for your Equinox? That's insane!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Terrain said:
You're paying $800 per month for your Equinox? That's insane![/color]
It's not "insane", it's called financing.
;D
Remember, one person's view of insanity is another's reality.
Besides, we don't know what djmodifyd's income is, nor should we be concerned, IMHO.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

gearhead said:
It's not "insane", it's called financing.
;D
Remember, one person's view of insanity is another's reality.
Besides, we don't know what djmodifyd's income is, nor should we be concerned, IMHO.
thank you!

and its called "paying off quickly"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts