GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone seen SnowItch? Did his nav system fail and he make a wrong turn???

·
Registered
698 Posts
Maybe he drank too much of the Equinox coolaid?

j/k

·
Registered
19 Posts
Alot of posts seem disjointed where SnowItch may comments and it can appear that people are having conversations with themselves, unless they quoted SnowItch.

Maybe his PC crashed.....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hope everything is OK

He isn't in the witness protection program is he. ;D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yup, seems as though all his posts are gone.
???
Hope he comes back in some way, shape or form.

He shared a lot of good info and started some really good threads well worthy of being "stickies".
All the best to SnowItch and his Nox (maybe he sold it?), wherever they may be, and many thanks for all of the input over the many months on board here.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
NHOJWOLFE said:
meh,
He put up alot of good info but I dont miss him
Miss him or not, I sure hope someone as dedicated steps up and takes his place.
He was on here morning to evening.
Kudos in advance to anyone that can devote that much time to this forum.

·
Registered
635 Posts
TerryG said:
His account appears to have been deleted or he deleted it.
I think when you hit 1000 posts you spontaneously combust!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Roesterman said:
I think when you hit 1000 posts you spontaneously combust!
LMAO!
Better keep an eye on our post counts LOL!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe he traded in for a Bently and now has gone to their forum. :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Something probably ticked him off.

My guess, he felt under appreciated. So his left and asked the admin to remove all his posts.

Most of you guys that have been part of Internet forums for years know this pattern.

It was inevitable.

For sure he will show up in another forum, just like he did this one. Perhaps even start his own.

KJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
noncon said:

My guess, he felt under appreciated. So his left and asked the admin to remove all his posts.

Most of you guys that have been part of Internet forums for years know this pattern.

It was inevitable.

For sure he will show up in another forum, just like he did this one. Perhaps even start his own.

KJ

I've seen plenty of people quit forums over the years but I've never seen all their posts go with them except for one guy who went through all his old post one at a time and edited them to read "to hell with all of you" before he shut off his profile.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
GMCdriver said:
I've seen plenty of people quit forums over the years but I've never seen all their posts go with them except for one guy who went through all his old post one at a time and edited them to read "to hell with all of you" before he shut off his profile.
That's too funny!
Considering Snow must have been going on 2000 posts, that would have taken him quite a long time.

He must of had a falling out with Staff, or as noncon mentioned, felt under appreciated, or maybe made some unrealistic (in someone's view) demands, or was promised something, etc, etc., etc.
We can keep guessing until the 2012 Terrain comes out and still may not know.
Whatever the case may be, it seems the Staff doesn't want to discuss it so we may as well carry on with what we have.

Once again, too bad we lost so many good posts and such a dedicated Member, but as the saying goes "$h|t happens".

·
Registered
635 Posts
noncon said:

It was inevitable.

KJ
I think you are right. I have noticed the questions getting repetitive.
Most people aren't searching and are just asking the same questions for the 10th time.
Nobody seems to want to look in the manual where 90%(if not more) of the questions are answered!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It's quicker and easier to post a question then look up something in the manual. I've done it a couple of times, like when I'm at the office and I don't have the manual with me. Sometimes you forget what you read. When I got the Terrain I read the manual from cover to cover, but until yesterday I don't remember reading that all the windows have "one touch lower". I was sitting at the light and pushed the wrong button and saw the rear window go all the way down just by pushing the button once.
This forum does have a great search button, some other forums I'm on have the worst search feature I've ever seen.
I know it gets old, but I don't mind it. Is it really that hard to just answer someones question and mention the search button for next time? Sometimes I'm just scanning the topics and see something I wasn't looking for but thought "I've always wondered about that" and stop and read it.
Asking about oil and or gasoline is probably the most asked topic on any forum.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
No problem with staff. Surprised as the rest of you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
NY_Joe said:
No problem with staff. Surprised as the rest of you.
So why wipe out all the posts he made?
I can understand that he might have wanted to quite and could have asked to have his account deleted and all his posts taken down, again, I've seen that before. Most times the user account simplt gets de-activated so no further edits can be made but the past posts remain. I've just never seen a forum wipe out a whole collection of posts unless there was something wrong with the content.
It seems especially strange as it was about 1/4 of the total post count for the whole forum so far.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whatever the case--or reason---may be, I personally wish SnowItch well. For the most part, he supplied good and timely info to those of us "early adapters" to the Nox/Terrain platform. It's tough sometimes to realize that everyone doesn't know every little corner of the site as well as 'multi posters," but he sure knew most answers or where to look. Enjoy the ride SnowItch!!

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Somebody also slammed him for being a post-*****. Probably an accumulation of thingss.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts