GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Have had my SLT-2 now for two weeks and been driving in light snow showers.
Seems that I'm getting a lot of snow accumulating on the back window, requiring frequent use of the back wiper.
Also, at the same time, snow is accumulating on the camera lens and really is frustrating as when I get to my destination, and need to put the car in reverse for parking, the camera lens is covered and all I see is snow.
Anyone else having this problem?
Hubby is suggesting it is a design flaw but I'm not ready to concede.
Regards,
Stylegal

·
Registered
51 Posts
Happens on my 2007 Mazda too. Not sure it is something that can be avoided.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Move to Florida,hehe..Only trying to Lighten the moment..sorry

·
Registered
89 Posts
We have noticed this as well, but I don't see an easy solution to keep it clean. Any sort of cover or filter, or even relocation would still result in it becoming covered with snow/dirt. As a DIY type of thing, I gather that an imaginative person would be able to tap into the rear window washer line and mount a small sprayer to wash off the lens.

However, I personally don't think that the camera should be relied on. Used only as a supplement, so if you can't use it sometimes, oh well. So I doubt that I will attempt to do such a mod.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You could always stick a little plastic "hood" right above the camera.
Definitely a "do it yourself" type project.
Make sure it's easily removable without ruining the paint.
Maybe some "not so strong" velcro strips to hold it in place, then again you wouldn't want it so loose that it falls off going through a car wash?
Maybe some kind of dressing, like RainX, may help?

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windshield_Treatment/Original.aspx

·
Registered
21 Posts
After being blinded by the white glare from snow on the lens I fixed it the same way we used to fix the "Check Engine LIght", I put tape over it!! LOL Now it works like a mirror.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts