GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealership, seems the 2012 Terrain SLT-2 awd 4cyldr I ordered was rejected by GM and is NOT AVAILABLE in the Northeast ( I'm in New Jersey ) due to Federal Emissions. For some reason the FWD ok. The salesman has presenting the next best thing a SLT-1 trying to get as close to the SLT-2 package as he can, I have not seen the work up yet ( I'll get Saturday to see work up ). The dealership is blaming the Federal Goverment, but I can't see the emissions being too much different awd to fwd.

Oh this might blow this deal and I was so looking foward to my new Terrain.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Get the V6...

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmm seems odd to me. I mean an slt-2 on a terrain is a ltz on an equinox i think? I know we have AWD ones here in NY. Maybe you could order up here in NY? or try another dealer, maybe he's pulling your leg to try to get you to buy a car he has on the lot, instead of ordering one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes seems so odd to me. I droped by a local chevy dealership they thought this was odd too. their first reaction was that was strange, second they thier " allocation " be done ( whtever that really means ), but they didn't check while I was there ( emissions ).
This really could be true , but it sure does sound fishy. Has anyone ever heard of this before.
I am only dealing with the sales rep, but he said his general manager has looked into this. I this a ploy to get me to but a Terrain they either have on the lot or trade another dealership. I want to believe this guy but man this weird

·
Registered
289 Posts
My guess is it has to do with either dealership allocation or market allocation. I just purchased a 2012 Terrain in Merlot Jewel. I placed my order at a dealership 3 days after they added Merlot Jewel to the ordering guide. GM refused the order for 3 weeks due to "market allocation" and saying they were only allowing a set number of Merlow Jewel in each area. He seemed to think the number was at 10 for all dealerships in the Cincinnati area market.

I'm wondering with the 2.4 being a hot item and you being in the northeast where AWD is recommended if they are limiting AWDs being shipped up there at all right now. There may be a few months before GM will take an order for any AWD for that area so they can still fullfill other parts of the country.

I just can't see how emisions has anything to do with it since that would be a countrywide thing and not state wide.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer never said anything like that over the phone, that at least is understandable. I just did the live chat at GMC.com and they say this is true "showing restriction" for my area. My dealership is telling that I would not be able to register the as a new vechical at NJDMV ( only used ). Here is the real kicker the chat agent did find a SLT-2 awd 4 cyldr in North Jersey. I"m guessing it was ordered for someone as I've been searching like a man man over the last 3 months. I find them online and they are gone within 2 days. It sure sounds like they are ordered.

The is way it supossed to be in the entire north east......Oh my head is spinning :help:
How much difference for emissions can there be 2.4ltr awd vs 2.4ltr fwd or the same from SLT-1 and SLT-2 ? :banghead:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
My guess is it has to do with either dealership allocation or market allocation. I just purchased a 2012 Terrain in Merlot Jewel. I placed my order at a dealership 3 days after they added Merlot Jewel to the ordering guide. GM refused the order for 3 weeks due to "market allocation" and saying they were only allowing a set number of Merlow Jewel in each area. He seemed to think the number was at 10 for all dealerships in the Cincinnati area market.

I'm wondering with the 2.4 being a hot item and you being in the northeast where AWD is recommended if they are limiting AWDs being shipped up there at all right now. There may be a few months before GM will take an order for any AWD for that area so they can still fullfill other parts of the country.

I just can't see how emisions has anything to do with it since that would be a countrywide thing and not state wide.
emisions is a state thing try to buy a dealer trade from another state in Calif and see if they can do it
I think Fla. is another one of those states that require more standards.. I once had a dealer do a dealer trade for me from a dealer in ohio and when it got to pa he couldn't sell it to me as it didn't have 50 states emission on it..

·
Registered
289 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
emisions is a state thing try to buy a dealer trade from another state in Calif and see if they can do it
I think Fla. is another one of those states that require more standards.. I once had a dealer do a dealer trade for me from a dealer in ohio and when it got to pa he couldn't sell it to me as it didn't have 50 states emission on it..
I thought it was state but when he said federal emissions that's what threw me off.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GMC dealer say I won't be allowed to register vechical as new at NJ DMV even If they had one, yet the GMC.com agent found one in North Jersey

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update....
Had to settle for ordering FWD SLT-2 ( still disappointed not allow to order the awd ) loaded Nav & Cargo package. After some back and forth ( banging heads ) dealer gave me 2 oil changes and mud flaps to go with my GM Employee discount.....A hat too

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
JTNJ said:
update....
Had to settle for ordering FWD SLT-2 ( still disappointed not allow to order the awd ) loaded Nav & Cargo package. After some back and forth ( banging heads ) dealer gave me 2 oil changes and mud flaps to go with my GM Employee discount.....A hat too
The whole thing sounds like total BS from the dealer to me, but on the bright side you'll get slightly better fuel economy with the FWD....and I think you'll be surprised how well it handles snow/rain with the traction control/stabilitrac/ABS doing their thing.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
JTNJ said:
update....
You can use your hat to keep you warm while pushing your FWD out of snowbanks. Actually, I'm sure that you will be very happy with the FWD, and never regret the purchase.

Enjoy the ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts