GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating for about two weeks as to which of the two trims to go with. Is the leather interior the biggest upgrade to the SLT-1? I'm wondering if it is worth it to just go with the cloth interior and save $1500. Any comments are appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got kids, and the leather is easier to keep clean, :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I will always select leather if its available. It is better too if you have kids...easier to clean up.
I like how it is easier to get in with leather seats..just glide right in!
Cloth's friction grabs at the material in your pants, making you do little hops to get in.
I read reviews where they advise leather seats for added comfort on the 2010. Here is one....

Quote: One of the test vehicles featured very handsomely stitched leather seats, while another one came equipped with fabric surfaces. Trust us: go for the leather option[/color]

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-equinox-first-drive-review.html

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think the leather is worth it,
Easier to clean
If kept clean look better longer and last longer

But its personal prefence Depends on how long you plan on keeping the car I guess,
The slt1 also comes with the remote auto start, Actually didnt really care about that but it will be nice on
real cold days. I live in texas so thats 4/365 :)..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good feedback guys, thanks. I think I was leaning towards the leather initially, then started to get cheap on myself. I don't have kids, so messes aren't generally an issue.

My experience with the black leather in my Toyota has been very mixed. I like the "glide" ability as mentioned by Roesterman, but it seems to get really hot in the summer and then is cold to sit on in the winter. The quality of the leather with the Terrain seems to be much better however.

On a side note, do you guys think the Black/Titanium leather color would be okay with the Carbon Black paint? I really like the two tone in the interior, but don't want it to clash of course. Thanks again for all the feedback.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If you want to be cool in the summer and warm in the winter, especially in the back, get the cloth. Yea, its easier to clean the leather but scotch guard is cheap and will help keep the cloth really clean.

Im done with leather in cars unless its quality leather and GM doesnt know how to get quality leather in cars.

Also, asking about GM leather and quality is kind of a pointed question. The seat inserts are leather and the outside is vinyl IIRC.

Just an FYI, but the leftlane review, doesnt state what 'Nox level they tested with the cloth interior. If it was an LS, then yes, that is a crappy cloth and has a very iffy feel.

Just go sit in different ones and see if you can live with either. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
The exactly what I ordered. SLT-1 Carbon Black + 2-Tone Titanium.

Here's a side-by-side Photo I put together

Can't wait!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dutch said:
The exactly what I ordered. SLT-1 Carbon Black + 2-Tone Titanium.

Here's a side-by-side Photo I put together

Can't wait!
Very nice, and I'm very jealous. Did you get the chrome package too? The SLTs come with the chrome grill in the front even if you don't order the package, correct?

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ the Terrain in the picture is an SLT-2. It's the only one that comes from the factory with the extra chrome. Lesser models have black grilles and body coloured mirror caps and door handles.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
They must have a part number for the grill, etc to replace in case of an accident, right? Anything can be bought - the price may be cost-prohibitive, though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you go to gmcs website it says the slt1s get a chrome luggage rack,

FWD 4dr SLT-1 MSRP $27,750 Hide Details

Same as [FWD 4dr SLE-1] Plus:
Air conditioning, single-zone automatic climate control
Audio System AM/FM/XM stereo with CD player and MP3/WMA playback capability, Graphic Interface Display, Radio Data System, auxiliary jack input, speed-compensated volume, USB port receptacle and outside temperature display. Standard on SLT-1.
Audio system feature Pioneer premium 8-speaker system with subwoofer and amplifier
Bluetooth for phone personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
Engine 2.4L I-4 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing), (182 hp @ 6200 rpm, 174 lb-ft @ 5100 rpm). Standard on SLT-1.
Luggage rails, chrome
Remote vehicle start includes extended range Remote Keyless Entry
Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power with manual fore/aft and power lumbar adjuster
Seating Perforated leather-appointed with heated front bucket seats. Standard on SLT-1.
Seats, heated driver and front passenger
Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with mounted audio and cruise controls
Tires, P235/55R18 all-season, blackwall (STD)
Transmission 6-speed automatic. Standard on SLT-1.
Wheels 18" bright machined aluminum with P235/60R18 all-season, blackwall tires. Standard on SLT-1.

but this is straight off the gmcs website I must have not done my research

·
Registered
31 Posts
Before I bought mine, I had chosen the sle-2. After adding the options I wanted, it was basically the same price as a SLT-1 that had all the options standard. Best to pick out what you want and then compare the two.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, you're right - the photo is an SLT-2. Its just what was picture on the GM website - i should have been more specific.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts