GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with these folks, my trial is coming to an end next month. They call everyday, I'm serious !!!
Already spoke with them on the phone, I don't wish to continue the service, but they keep calling, even Saturdays.
I don't pick up anymore and just look at the 800 Service # on the caller ID. Although I like the service, I don't use it
enough to justify the cost. Anyone else experience the repetitive calling ?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
What's up with these folks, my trial is coming to an end next month. They call everyday, I'm serious !!!
Already spoke with them on the phone, I don't wish to continue the service, but they keep calling, even Saturdays.
I don't pick up anymore and just look at the 800 Service # on the caller ID. Although I like the service, I don't use it
Oh for sure, real 'high pressure' sales teams they have there! ;)

I just ignore like you do - then at the very end, I make em' work for it. I have my XM for under $9CD/month.
I have found in the past that you can negotiate quite easily, inform them that your still unsure and that the current rate is to much. Ask them to give you a promo for a few more months and they usually will.
Good luck!! :thumb: [/color]

·
Registered
91 Posts
My trial subscription expired a couple of days ago. They had called me about a month ago and they were advised that I didn't want to renew. Haven't heard a peep since.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
ptco911 said:
My trial subscription expired a couple of days ago. They had called me about a month ago and they were advised that I didn't want to renew. Haven't heard a peep since.
They must be dedicated to EquinoxFF1063 right now! :D[/color]

·
Registered
949 Posts
If you say no and "please take me off of your calling list" then they legally have to.

For what it's worth, about a week ago I got an offer in the mail for 6 months for $25 total.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Play the game with them. Tell them you didn't get to listen to it that much so you are really not sure if you want it. Get them to extend the free trial. Then do it again next time. If they are going to continue to call then make it worth your wild.

·
Registered
8 Posts
whiskeywarden said:
Play the game with them. Tell them you didn't get to listen to it that much so you are really not sure if you want it. Get them to extend the free trial. Then do it again next time. If they are going to continue to call then make it worth your wild.
Exactly, it is all about negotiating. I think all the call center folks have a wiggle room on the packages they pitch. if the person calling you won't offer you a deal, ask to talk to their supervisor or someone who can.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yep, I got called just about everyday..

I waited it out, and called them a couple days before it was to expire..and worked out a deal..pretty easy actually.

·
Registered
216 Posts
They know when your gone your gone and they don't want that to happen. The magic words are "if I can't get a good deal just cancel when my current subscription expires"
Another thing is don't let them keep a credit card on file because they will "auto renew".

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up letting my XM expire, I decided against creating another "bill", I have enough already and there are plenty of available Am/FM stations.
I remember the days before cable tv, I now pay nearly $2000 yr for basic phone, internet access, and digital HDTV service. I just can't start paying
for an XM service that I really don't need, I guess I don't want to get "hooked".

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you create an on-line account you can customize the contact methods they will use. I set it up so they could only send emails. I let it expire due to the drops and all the customer service complaints I have seen.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I cancelled my subscription about a month ago. They called EVERYDAY since I cancelled. Including Sunday's. Now, being from the South thats just not someting you do. They would call anywhere between 3-5 times a day. I finally answered and told them that I wasn't interested and I only signed up when I was driving to Florida for my honeymoon. They haven't called since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to work for the contracted company that calls for SiriusXM. Just to let you know, if you get a new vehicle in Canada/US, it WILL come with a free trial of satellite radio, and you WILL be called to renew multiple times. To stop them from calling, be polite and ask to be put on their DNC (do not call) list. The reason I say be polite is because the JOB SUCKS, and most people working are starving students who desperately need work, so if you're rude and say something like "Put me on the ****ing dnc list and don't ****ing call me again you piece of ****." they most likely will schedule a callback instead of putting you on the dnc. Company policy says this isn't allowed, but so many calls go through that the agents WILL NOT get in crap for doing that.

That being said, if you ARE interested in the service and you're still in your free trial, wait for a phone call. You can't get better prices for the service (3 months is regularly 50.88 + tax, they offer you 3 months for 10$ total)

And just know it's not the agents calling you personally; your number is given to XM by the car dealership, and it is put into an automatic system. The calls the agents make are automatic, not dialed by themselves.

Also, to anyone saying "make them work for it, haggle with them, get the prices lowered." You're wasting your time. Agents calling have ZERO options to lower prices themselves. I've had calls with people saying stuff like "Okay well here's what I'll offer you, if you can give me a year for 50$ I'll get it, if not, well you're losing a sale." and I laugh in their faces.

The fact that the people making the calls are STARVING STUDENTS, and the people receiving the calls are usually high-class assholes makes the agents very keen on screwing with you. I personally have set callbacks for a few minutes after a call (after hearing some ******* yell at me for 5 minutes) just because he was an ass.

IN SHORT: Be polite. Ask to be put on the DNC list, and remember that it takes up to 30 days to be put into the DNC list.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I answered one those calls by mistake and told them they had the wrong number. I haven't had a call since. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the opposite problem, my service ran out and they never called, wrote or emailed me and they have all my contact info. I finally called them to signup again. I have had XM for 7 years on my truck and they have never called in that time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
That's funny, my service ended three months ago and I hadn't heard a thing from them until yesterday, I got a letter from them offering me six months for $25.00.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I look at Sirius radio is like in order to buy a bottle of wine, they force you to get the vinyard. Far too many choices and you only listen to so few. I have the am/fm/cd in my daily driver and that meets all my expections for background noise when I drive. Just another way to get at your wallet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just bought a 2013 terrain....let it run out after my 3 free months...1 week after it ran out...got a letter in the mail..free 6 months, as long as i sign up for 1 year at $86.00.....yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1 - 20 of 22 Posts