GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First want to say hi to everyone and thanks for all the good info posted so far.

Have not even received the Equinox yet but already want to change the single exhaust look of my four cylinder to the dual exhaust look of the six cylinder. Has anyone attempted this yet or know of anywhere to obtain the parts?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would guess that this may not be a good idea, especially with the finely-tuned direct-injection systems of the LAF engine. The exhaust back-pressure and flow should not be messed with, but maybe if the conversion is done right it wouldn't make a difference. just be careful, and don't take it to midas and have them chop it up.

btw, I don't think that the equinox v6 is a direct-injection engine, but imagine if GM put in the camaro DI powerplant, holy crap...

·
Registered
698 Posts
dm2010nox said:
btw, I don't think that the equinox v6 is a direct-injection engine, but imagine if GM put in the camaro DI powerplant, holy crap...
Yes, the 3.0L V6 is a DI engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was not going to Midas or one of those places for sure. I know I just have to wait for them to come into production. I have change a few systems on most of the cars I owned but will conduct a thorough investigation before moving ahead. If I pull the trigger on this I will be sure to take good notes and lots of pics to post results here upon completion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The difference between the 3.0 and the 3.6L GM DI V6 is really quite remarkable on the performance side with virtually the same mpg ratings. Drive a V6 Camaro or a 3.6 Caddy CTS and you will see what I'm talking about. Had the 3.6 in a CTS...rocketship compared to the 3.0 in the same vehicle. And I'm like goodeforu, I'll wait for something that is designed for our vehicle for the dual exhaust conversion for us I4 drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts