GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a '14 Nox and just yesterday noticed that a single dome bulb wont shut off no matter what I do. Even flipping the rocker switch wont shut it off. Its only the front passenger side bulb, the others all go off as usual. Wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this or what I might be able to do to fix it besides take it to a mechanic I cannot afford.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I drive a '14 Nox and just yesterday noticed that a single dome bulb wont shut off no matter what I do. Even flipping the rocker switch wont shut it off. Its only the front passenger side bulb, the others all go off as usual. Wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this or what I might be able to do to fix it besides take it to a mechanic I cannot afford.
Are you talking about the right front, passenger Dome/Reading Light in the Overhead Console?
If so then there are two switches involved here, the three position rocker and the on/off in the overhead console for the passenger side.
There is also a on/off switch for the driver side, each one ( driver and passenger) is powered by the same two hot wires.
These two wires come from the BCM.

Have you ever tried to add a light or any electrical work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the right front, passenger Dome/Reading Light in the Overhead Console?
If so then there are two switches involved here, the three position rocker and the on/off in the overhead console for the passenger side.
There is also a on/off switch for the driver side, each one ( driver and passenger) is powered by the same two hot wires.
These two wires come from the BCM.

Have you ever tried to add a light or any electrical work?
That is indeed the light I am referring to. The only thing I've done to it is replace the light bulbs inside.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
That is indeed the light I am referring to. The only thing I've done to it is replace the light bulbs inside.
If it were mine I would replace the Dome/Reading light switch on the passenger side Overhead Console first.

I don't think the BCM is the problem, remember both the D/R light switches are powered by the same two wires.
You only have a problem with one side.

You could change the driver and passenger switch to see if the problem goes to the driver side
It could be a wiring problem but I would not start there, that could be involved.
Let us know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts