GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the signal flasher on the 2010+ Equinox/Terrain located? Does anyone have the part number?

I'm attempting to replace the flasher with an LED flasher in order to get around using resistors with my LED signals.

I've found that the 2010s-2011s do, indeed, have a physical flasher (not an embedded controller).

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
Are you sure it is a mechanical flasher ? I would guess not, because you can adjust the volume. If you are sure, then set it for "loud volume" and follow your ears !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Traced the audible sound (clicking) to the forward (engine bay) fuse box.

Not a single one of the relays controls the signals - no flasher in sight. Only idea is that it's below the main fuse panel, but still in the box.

The audible sound is an electrical switching sound (like the old bimetallic flashers) - not like the fake computer-generated sound that the console emits. I've been testing with the hazards on, and the entire system off.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
theta said:
Traced the audible sound (clicking) to the forward (engine bay) fuse box. Not a single one of the relays controls the signals - no flasher in sight. Only idea is that it's below the main fuse panel, but still in the box. The audible sound is an electrical switching sound (like the old bimetallic flashers) - not like the fake computer-generated sound that the console emits. I've been testing with the hazards on, and the entire system off.
I don't think you will find the "flasher" in the bus electrical center

·
Registered
626 Posts
I noticed that if the engine's running you can hear the clicking of the flashers, but if you shut it off they become silent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts