1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased at and installed by Dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are the deflectors glued to the chrome trim. How do the in-channel deflectors
stay in place. I hate to stick them to the chrome.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jks10 said:
Are the deflectors glued to the chrome trim. How do the in-channel deflectors
stay in place. I hate to stick them to the chrome.
From what I can tell, yes, they're simply glued to the chrome window trim.
To be honest with you, I'm not sure what "in-channel" deflectors are, this is the first time we've ever had any on one of our own vehicles.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm surprised that they aren't "in channel". I don't think I will get these unless they are in channel.

I recall the ones I had on my Jeep Cherokee that had the stick-on adhesive strips. Not having the chrome 'rings' around the windows would be a little bit weird.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bballr4567 said:
http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1739A0A0A3231534.aspx

You are going to HATE taking those off in a few years when the glue gives out. In channel visors fit into the window channel and literally just slide into place. Totally worth the slightly higher price.
You mean "who ever is taking them off is going to hate using all that goo-gone" LOL!
It surely won't be me.
;)

I still don't understand how the "in channel" ones work.
As I stated, this is the first time we've ever had any weather deflectors on the windows, so if someone can explain a little better, that'd be cool.
I can't see them staying in place at 80 mph or through the car wash for very long without adhesive or screws, but WTH do I know LOL!
If there's a better mousetrap, I'll definitely look into it by all means!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The fit in the space that the window goes up into. Literally, in the window channel.

See how it fits INSIDE the door trim? I think with the chrome around our windows that it would look much better with in channel visors.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bballr4567 said:
The fit in the space that the window goes up into. Literally, in the window channel.

See how it fits INSIDE the door trim? I think with the chrome around our windows that it would look much better with in channel visors.
Thanks bballr4567!

I musta been editing while you posted:

I can't see them staying in place at 80 mph or through the car wash for very long without adhesive or screws, but WTH do I know LOL!
If there's a better mousetrap, I'll definitely look into it by all means!
Anyway, we like the look of the ones we have from the front, the way they stick out, it gives the Terrain even more of a squared off look.
I'll see if I can get a pic up soon.
Besides, with the chrome package, it was nice to get rid of a little bit of it.
8) :eek: ;D

Different strokes for different folks, but by all means we'll check out the other ones too!
If we like them better, the Body Shop guys are going to have fun with the heat gun or whatever they use to break down the adhesive to get the current ones off LOL!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
lol, yea make them do it.

Seriously, the in channel ones are a good alternative. If you ever get tired of the "stick on" look, you know others are out there.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bballr4567 said:
lol, yea make them do it.

Seriously, the in channel ones are a good alternative. If you ever get tired of the "stick on" look, you know others are out there.
If you look at the rear window in the picture I took above, what would you do with an "in channel" deflector around the area of the little "opera window", as the rear window has the metal strip running down about 4/5 of the way back??

I checked your link, it says it's for an Nox, but it's not a picture of a Nox.
I see one that's for a rear window such as the Terrain, but it merely stops and doesn't extend over the "opera window" part (now I can't find the picture and I'm off to sleep LOL), that doesn't look too cool, IMO.

They also list one by weathertech at the side of the page on the link you provide and I check weathertech.ca and there's no option for a Terrain or Equinox side deflector.
If someone has one, please post some pics if you can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The "in channel" visors are the same I am considering ordering for my wife's new (soon to be picked up) Nox. But Gearhead made some good points about how well will they stand up to 80 MPH driving and a good high pressure car wash. I am really concerned about the car wash being my wife will be making me run her new Nox thought it every few weeks.

I plan on getting the bug deflector also from "autoanything", so now am wondering how it will hold up in the car wash also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got the bug deflector from anythingauto and its NICE. Been thru the car wash several times with no problems. No wind noise either. I just ordered the wind deflectors from them last night. They are supposed to fit in the channel. When I get them hopefully I will take some pics and post them here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good because my wife is adamant about getting the bug deflector before "love bug" season down here. I will order the bug deflector, window visors plus the cargo liner today.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Had "in-the-Channel" window shades (2003 Yukon) and they held up great in car washes but sometimes if I put a window down...........whoosh....I'd loose one! Yes a small adhesive pad came with for a corner end, but didn't hold long..Finally took them off, ironically, because they "shaded" my vision of a guy standing on a curb one day. I pulled out just as he stepped off the curb. Almost ironed the guys pants! That small extra thickness on the "A" column totally blocked him. ( I had dark shades) That was that. So just be advised.

Gearheads look awesome but I wonder how the carwash will affect, also.

MM

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just installed mine on the Equinox an hour ago. We will see

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just installed my In-channel Ventvisor on my Terrain, these were made by AVS. Personally I think they look better in the channel than on top of the frame, which hide the chrome. All 4 slid in easier than my Envoy, which you had to bend to install. The only difference was the rear visors had 2 sides in-channel, but the back portion had an outer flange that sat on the window frame, maybe this helps with wind noise but it still was an exact fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Can you take a picture from the inside to see how this affect the visibility around the pillar windshield posts ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
gmcdan said:
Interior pictures of Ventvisors
Thank you very much. Do you think that they can be removed easyly ? Or does they have doublesided tape that hold them in place ?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts