GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. When I use the manual transmission to downshift. There is no réponse So I when to my dealer and they told me that somme wires was cut in thé shifter So they will have to change the shifter Labour 6 hrs My gmc terrain 2010 have 1800 km I work for 35 years at a GM plant and I thing that Hey should make a recall.The problème is thé wires in thé shifter is to short

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
hbinfo said:
Hi. When I use the manual transmission to downshift. There is no réponse So I when to my dealer and they told me that somme wires was cut in thé shifter So they will have to change the shifter Labour 6 hrs My gmc terrain 2010 have 1800 km I work for 35 years at a GM plant and I thing that Hey should make a recall.The problème is thé wires in thé shifter is to short
Why would "they" issue a recall if only your wires were cut???? I would think that enough people complained about this problem they would fix it.....
What's wrong with your automatic doesn't it work or are you playing race car driver?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wires? Mine doesnt work right. I put it to manual it downshifts to 4 when im doing 50 makin the engine rev high. And when u shift at any speed it doesnt want to shift. It shift when it wants to up or down. I find it useless and can live without it. On the other hand it would be nice to have a manual sgift that responds especially when u go uphill and the car doesnt want to accelerate. In my wifes mazda 3 it works great on the hills to get that "umph" goin up a steep hill. Im in pittsburgh elevation 700-1400ft lotas of big hills

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Has I told you ,it was the wires are to short to change from minus and plus ( - and + )
In Quebec there are lots of hills and some time I have to downshift There was no problem before The problems just happen a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe the specifications of these wire was not follow by the sub contractor and should be revise
For your information at the GM plant I was a inspector as a road tester and check the squeak and rattle So I know how to downshift a transmission after 35 years at GM
I am for quality not quantity and I dont want this problem to happen to the GM owners
Its the first problem I had since February 2010 and I am satisfied.

·
Registered
157 Posts
pacman said:
And when u shift at any speed it doesnt want to shift. It shift when it wants to up or down. I find it useless and can live without it. On the other hand it would be nice to have a manual sgift that responds especially when u go uphill and the car doesnt want to accelerate
After driving my 2011 Terrain and my wife's 2011 Regal (same drivetrain) - I like the Regal manual function better. In the Terrain - the manual function only limits the highest gear the tranny can shift into - it still automatically goes thorugh the lower gears as normal. This is probably just intended for engine braking when towing or going down hills.

On the Regal, when you select a gear - it stays in that gear no matter the throttle position unless the vehicle goes too slow to maintain engine speed and then it wil downshift. I like this because I find I can accelerate between 3,500-4,000 rpm to get on to the highway without it downshifting and redlining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.