GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. When I use the manual transmission to downshift. There is no réponse So I when to my dealer and they told me that somme wires was cut in thé shifter So they will have to change the shifter Labour 6 hrs My gmc terrain 2010 have 1800 km I work for 35 years at a GM plant and I thing that Hey should make a recall.The problème is thé wires in thé shifter is to short

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
hbinfo said:
Hi. When I use the manual transmission to downshift. There is no réponse So I when to my dealer and they told me that somme wires was cut in thé shifter So they will have to change the shifter Labour 6 hrs My gmc terrain 2010 have 1800 km I work for 35 years at a GM plant and I thing that Hey should make a recall.The problème is thé wires in thé shifter is to short
Why would "they" issue a recall if only your wires were cut???? I would think that enough people complained about this problem they would fix it.....
What's wrong with your automatic doesn't it work or are you playing race car driver?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wires? Mine doesnt work right. I put it to manual it downshifts to 4 when im doing 50 makin the engine rev high. And when u shift at any speed it doesnt want to shift. It shift when it wants to up or down. I find it useless and can live without it. On the other hand it would be nice to have a manual sgift that responds especially when u go uphill and the car doesnt want to accelerate. In my wifes mazda 3 it works great on the hills to get that "umph" goin up a steep hill. Im in pittsburgh elevation 700-1400ft lotas of big hills

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Has I told you ,it was the wires are to short to change from minus and plus ( - and + )
In Quebec there are lots of hills and some time I have to downshift There was no problem before The problems just happen a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe the specifications of these wire was not follow by the sub contractor and should be revise
For your information at the GM plant I was a inspector as a road tester and check the squeak and rattle So I know how to downshift a transmission after 35 years at GM
I am for quality not quantity and I dont want this problem to happen to the GM owners
Its the first problem I had since February 2010 and I am satisfied.

·
Registered
157 Posts
pacman said:
And when u shift at any speed it doesnt want to shift. It shift when it wants to up or down. I find it useless and can live without it. On the other hand it would be nice to have a manual sgift that responds especially when u go uphill and the car doesnt want to accelerate
After driving my 2011 Terrain and my wife's 2011 Regal (same drivetrain) - I like the Regal manual function better. In the Terrain - the manual function only limits the highest gear the tranny can shift into - it still automatically goes thorugh the lower gears as normal. This is probably just intended for engine braking when towing or going down hills.

On the Regal, when you select a gear - it stays in that gear no matter the throttle position unless the vehicle goes too slow to maintain engine speed and then it wil downshift. I like this because I find I can accelerate between 3,500-4,000 rpm to get on to the highway without it downshifting and redlining.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Just had the same problem this week-end. Manual mode doesn't work anymore. Mine is a March 2010. Will call the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
qantor said:
Hi,

Just had the same problem this week-end. Manual mode doesn't work anymore. Mine is a March 2010. Will call the dealer tomorrow.
Let me knwo what you find at the dealer. Feel free to contact me if you need more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts