Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm impressed with the product.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Where did you get it? How much? Looks nice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you live where you'll get snow and ice, put some 3M paint protection film or similar product on the spine of your fin. The ice did a number on mine last winter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
so does that replace the existing antenna? and the satellite radio portion still works?

·
Registered
241 Posts
KANWAR said:
so does that replace the existing antenna? and the satellite radio portion still works?
It replaces the AM/FM antenna and fits over the XM/Cellular antenna.

I love how it looks. I tried the stubby antenna and it was crap. My reception was horrid. I am hesitant to try this one since it sticks to the car and I dont' know how it will perform in my area (mostly rural) which is a good distance from most radio stations.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alaric23 said:
If you live where you'll get snow and ice, put some 3M paint protection film or similar product on the spine of your fin. The ice did a number on mine last winter.
Thanks for the tip! POLRCUB is all Canadian!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
medic2901 said:
How does the shark fin antenna work with the Onstar and XM?
It's made out of ABS plastic so reception is not affected, it just simply sits over top the exsiting Onstar/XM base.
The antenna for AM/FM reception maintains radio reception within normally acceptable ranges, and it simply bolts on to where the OEM antenna was removed. [/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
medic2901 said:
So the XM and Onstar are still functional?
Yes that's correct.[/color]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks great Polrcub!

Mine has been on since last fall and still looks new. However our weather in SoCal isn't is as harsh as those in the north/east, but the Nox does live outside all the time no garage for it.

This shot is from last fall. Reception has been excellent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the reception for XM sucks on my '12. I had a 2004 Grand Cherokee before this Terrain and I could sit in my garage and listen to Sirius all day with no problems. Now with my GMC I have a hard time outside of my garage and half the time going under the overpasses I get a dropped signal.....never happened in 6 years with my Jeep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been wanting to buy one of these but VG site has been down. It says will reopen July 1st but that hasn't happened. Is there other dealers for this product?

·
Registered
850 Posts
With our 7 foot garage opening, I had to go with the OEM shorter antenna for $30.00. I talked to Shark Fin a couple months ago and he said regular radio AM & FM might not reach as far with the Shark. The shorter OEM antenna is not not very noticeable, IMO, and we use only AM and FM radio. I might have more confidence too, that satellite navigation receiving might be better living so far north. All the satellites circle the FL, southern region, from what I understand.

For me, the added expense for the Shark, with possible reduced local station radio performance, it was not worth it. It was nice the rep was up front with local performance. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
chethro said:
I've been wanting to buy one of these but VG site has been down. It says will reopen July 1st but that hasn't happened. Is there other dealers for this product?
I finally located them on amazon.com.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts