GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, tonight as I was backing out of the garage for some UKNOWN reason my husband hit the garage door button, and of course ripped the shark fin (XM Antenna) right off the car. It tore it out of the roof, scratched the roof and dented it. The connector that holds it in place ripped out and broke off. I got an estimate to fix it today and its going to be over 2100.00. This includes taking the sunroof out, and the headliner down, etc to get to it.

SO, until I can get it in there I am out OnStar, NAV, Satellite radio.

TIP FOR THE DAY: Don't rip this **** thing off. Its going to be a pain in the ass. LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ouch, Thanks for the warning.

PS: I'm sure it was just a weird accident..

·
Registered
258 Posts
My wife drives into the garage before the door is completely open.. I keep telling her it's a bad habit but it will probably take ripping the shark fin off for her to to agree. I wonder if insurance would cover the damage.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My wife drives into the garage before the door is completely open.. I keep telling her it's a bad habit but it will probably take ripping the shark fin off for her to to agree. I wonder if insurance would cover the damage.

Maybe after you pay the deductible. My wife does same, thinks she gets in or out faster..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sure, blame your husband. But insurance will cover this if you have full coverage. My mom somehow shut the garage door on the hood of her Buick some years ago, insurance co. didn't even haggle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sure, blame your husband. But insurance will cover this if you have full coverage. My mom somehow shut the garage door on the hood of her Buick some years ago, insurance co. didn't even haggle.
:jaw:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts