GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
FInally talked to someone at the dealer that knew something although he too had never heard of this service update.. It was just released Jan 6th so.... Anyway it is NOT covered under warranty and they will perform the update for $225.00.. I think I'll have it done.. RIght now my situation is a catch 22.. I have the lower grille cover to prevent snow and ice from getting in which is great however you can't tow with the cover on. I tow a snowmobile trailer in winter so the cover does me no good when towing the sleds.I imagine since there's an increased load on the engine while towing, GM says take the cover off
Of course it's not covered... Figures.
We live in New England but haven't experienced any CEL's or anything like that when cold. In what situations should people pay to have this update done?

· Registered
2018 Equinox 2LT 2.0T FWD V92
119 Posts
FInally talked to someone at the dealer that knew something although he too had never heard of this service update.. It was just released Jan 6th so.... Anyway it is NOT covered under warranty and they will perform the update for $225.00.. I think I'll have it done.. RIght now my situation is a catch 22.. I have the lower grille cover to prevent snow and ice from getting in which is great however you can't tow with the cover on. I tow a snowmobile trailer in winter so the cover does me no good when towing the sleds.I imagine since there's an increased load on the engine while towing, GM says take the cover off
So the GM Authority story states "GM has stipulated that this service update applies to vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason."
Since it applies to dealer inventory, the implication is that GM would be reimbursing the dealer for the updates performed. "update applies to vehicles in dealer inventory and customer vehicles that return to the dealership for any reason" implies that if you go in for an oil change, the update is to be performed....no???

Has anyone called the GMC or Chevrolet customer service numbers referenced in the article(s) for additional information?
With recent reports here of dealerships trying to charge customers a diagnostic fee for covered warranty repairs, I would look further into this before paying the asking price for this update.

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah my dealer said it's not covered under the 5/60 warranty but would be covered under the 3/36 warranty which unfortunately is expired in my case. I'm guessing I'd hear the same from other dealers

· Registered
176 Posts
Our acadia always froze up too at the throttle body

21 - 26 of 26 Posts