GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2011 SRX to the dealer yesterday for an oil change (first one) and the HVAC recall. While I was there they also reprogrammed the oil life system. On the receipt it reads:

Monitor programming of ECM
Software update for HFV6 engine oil life system
V2413 reprogram ECM for the oil life systems 0.4
Expires with base warranty.

Anyone else have this done and does anyone know what the original problem was?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I know on the Saturn Outlook (And most likely one clones) they did an OLM reprogram so that the OLM will come on sooner meaning shorter change intervals

·
Registered
978 Posts
Probably involves this program from GM for some of the V-6 engines:

Your vehicle was designed and built to meet GM's high standards for quality and reliability. However, we have determined that under certain driving conditions, and with extended oil change intervals, the timing chain could wear prematurely and cause the illumination of the Service Engine Soon light. timing chain wear can be affected by the age of the engine oil and driving conditions.

What We Will Do: To ensure that your vehicle will not experience this condition, your Chevrolet dealer will change the calibration of the engine control module, including the engine oil life monitor which in most cases will recommend more frequent oil changes. This service will be performed for you at no charge until February 28, 2013[/color]

·
Registered
4 Posts
This service will be performed for you at no charge until February 28, 2013.

I'm a little confused. Does this mean they will provide oil changes until 02/2013?

·
Registered
482 Posts
rckymtntim said:
This service will be performed for you at no charge until February 28, 2013.

I'm a little confused. Does this mean they will provide oil changes until 02/2013?
It means they will correct the problem with the program up until 2/2013

·
Registered
715 Posts
The new programing will tell you to change oil sooner on this engine.

The 'extended oil change interval' that some oil makers are claiming results in sludge fouling the VVT system, or causing rapid
wear on the cam chain system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts