GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stabilitrak light on the dash comes on then it says service stabilitrak system in the drivers info window, the light on the dash stays on for stabilitrak then the engine light comes on. While driving home the stabilitrak light goes off and the drivers information window starts saying service AWD system. Speedometer starts bouncing to 0 and the speed I am going, and while the car is trying to shift there is a jerking between gears. Stopped at stoplight the car died, started right back up, drove to the nearest parking lot parked shut it off then it wouldn't restart. Sat for about 10 minutes then it started back up and was able to get it home but while driving it still had engine light on on the dash and the drivers info window was saying service stabilitrak system service AWD system, it was still jerking when shifting gears, and speedomenter was still doing the bouncing as described above. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
That engine has been pretty much bulletproof on these vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check your throttle body, make sure it is clean and free. I have no experience with the Nox platform.
Lots of things cause these messages on the Traverse/Enclave/Acadia/Outlook platform including.
1. Wheel Sensors
2. Brake pedal Position sensor
3. Brake Fluid low, top it off.
4. Bad Mass Air Flow sensor.
5.Steering Wheel Position sensor
6. Throttle Body sticking
7. Engine Compartment Fuse block loose.
I am sure there may be more, I have a 2015 Nox with the 6 cyl, haven't experienced any issues yet. Had a 08 Outlook with lots of those Stabilitrack Messages, it was the MAF sensor and Throttlebody. I have a 2015 Enclave, no issues yet.

Also check your oil, make sure it is in range, low oil can affect timing on the Lambda Platform, not sure about the Nox.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Get the codes read. Everything is a guess until systems get scanned for codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts