GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had this Terrain maybe 3 weeks and I have already had it in the shop for a broken A/C, busted speakers, and a defective tire sensor. It is now going back again for Service Air Bag message. I called the dealer and they said bring it in on Wednesday. Do you think it will be safe to drive it around until Wed? The message goes off and on while driving. Anybody have an idea of what it could be?

Its a nice vehicle but sucks having it in the shop twice within 3 weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
HOPEFULLY it's just an error that the light is coming on and it just needs a computer update or something. HOWEVER, it's the air bags...I wouldn't really feel that comfortable driving it around either, and I'm sure that with all liability laws, they shouldn't MAKE you drive it around. I'd call them back in the morning and tell them that it makes you nervous, and you feel unsafe with THAT light coming on. Request a rental until Wednesday at the very least.

Tricia - do you have any specific input about this situation, concerning safety and liability?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Do you have anything plugged into the cig lighter in the bin in the dash? When I plug my power converter in there I get the same message.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
cottonseed said:
Do you have anything plugged into the cig lighter in the bin in the dash? When I plug my power converter in there I get the same message.
Really? That seems odd too. I'll have to keep that in mind whenever we use our converter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
tahoebigah said:
Well I had this Terrain maybe 3 weeks and I have already had it in the shop for a broken A/C, busted speakers, and a defective tire sensor. It is now going back again for Service Air Bag message. I called the dealer and they said bring it in on Wednesday. Do you think it will be safe to drive it around until Wed? The message goes off and on while driving. Anybody have an idea of what it could be?

Its a nice vehicle but sucks having it in the shop twice within 3 weeks.
I would recommend getting the dealership to the vehicle a soon as possible and driving it minimally being that this is a Service Air Bag message. Please keep me posted on your progress at the dealer.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,510 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would recommend getting the dealership to the vehicle a soon as possible and driving it minimally being that this is a Service Air Bag message. Please keep me posted on your progress at the dealer.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
MY thought exactly, Tricia. A dealer should make this a priority interrupt in the shop's schedule. We're talking human life at risk.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top