GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......I say second look. I've only been able to find and drive a SLE 1 for the pass 45 days or so. I drove the SLE after driving the top or near top the line of others. (Ford Escape, SRX, Acura MRX, Buick Enclave, Murano.) I have yet to drive or see anything on the lots other than a base Terrain/Equinox.

I realized there are some of these that should be compared against others Vs the Equinox /Terrain. All offered there strong points, and some I would love to see on the Terrain. (more width, xenon Headlight, passenger power seat and rear HVAC vents) and stay <$40k.

I took the second drive in the available SLE basicially to see if the 4 had what it took to compete with V6's I've driver over the pass month or so. It more than filled the bill except for the initial accelaration and noise during accelaration.

Bottom line, it all comes down to price. All other were mid $40K+

There were top of the line models on the lot to test drive of all others.

I refuse to buy a car w/o the one I'm looking for which is the SLT2 4 being on the lot. The few dealers that I've spoken to around Houston are saying that the SLT is far outselling the SLE. Dont get me wrong, The SLE are selling too but they can normal be found on the lots. Lots of the salesmen and or procurement persons I've spoken to seems to be afraid of taking a chance of ordering the SLT2 4's for stock and one dealer went as far as saying that were not available.

I would like to see if any of you who wanted a SLT2 4, were able to find one on the lot and or showroom floor?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not to take away from the meat of your post, but there absolutely are rear HVAC vents (I don't want someone to find your post through a search and assume there are not).
Most rear vent s in SUV's I drove were located in the rear of the front arm rest. I didn't see one in the SLE I drove yesterday

The dealer and salesmen show a lack of knowledge about there vehicles.

• I was driving a 2010 loaded Enclave and a salesman had the nerve to tell me that it had heated/ac back seats. (I had to raise the BS Flag).
  • I was driving the Luxury Collection Caddy listed for SRX $41.3K. I asked the saleman if the model it had zenon headlight. He said yes. Wrong. It was the Premium Collection which far ~$47.2k. This is >$13.k over a loaded Terrain/Nox :eek:. and ~$6k more than the version I drove.
There are a lot more but I will keep it GM

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have spent countless hours the last six weeks trying to find a fully loaded SLT2 with a 4 in it and I haven't been able to find one and I had a couple of dealers agree with me that they're not to be found. I have no need to tow anything which would be the only reason I would go with a 6. Otherwise, why is it taboo to get a fully loaded Terrain and put a 4 in it? I think mine built out at just a shade over $33k and that included RSE and Nav. I have actually found some SLT2's but none I've located have had the Nav and RSE which I determined were necessities if I was going to make the purchase. Good luck. Personally, I think the vents on the floor are better than in the back of the console anyhow. I don't think they're there in our Silverado anymore either (the console area).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to take away from the meat of your post, but there absolutely are rear HVAC vents (I don't want someone to find your post through a search and assume there are not).
I'm also accustomed to those vents as the are like that in a most cars. I like them in the armrest area because they can help keep some drinks cooled depending on how armrest area are designed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had not found any SLT's with a Navagation system here in Southern Calif, Finally ordered a SLT1 with one, I didn't need the sun roof or the automatic gate, I am tall enough to reach it :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've visted two dealers in the past few weeks and they had maybe 10 Terrains combined on-site. All SLE 4s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
DeMAN said:
Most rear vent s in SUV's I drove were located in the rear of the front arm rest. I didn't see one in the SLE I drove yesterday

The dealer and salesmen show a lack of knowledge about there vehicles.

• I was driving a 2010 loaded Enclave and a salesman had the nerve to tell me that it had heated/ac back seats. (I had to raise the BS Flag).
This is taken right from Buick's Canadian website under what comes in each package; It's listed under the CXL2 trim level;
"•Heated and cooled driver and front-passenger seats"
So I'm not sure why he's trying to say back seats....you called his bluff on that one ;)

I would also say if you were comparing 'like' vehicles to the Terrain, I would think the Ford Edge is more comparable to the Ford Escape.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anzac,

Don't discount the auto rear gate. It's not just for short people. I got it only because it was in the one that was in stock and I didn't think it was worth $500, but it's so super convenient, especially if you have kids and the one touch close is great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts