GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I disable the warning seatbelt warning chimes on my 2011 Nox LT 4 cyl? I normally wear my seatbelts at all times but not while driving up my long driveway to pick up mail or take out the trash....[/color]

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
gbrooks63 said:
How do I disable the warning seatbelt warning chimes on my 2011 Nox LT 4 cyl? I normally wear my seatbelts at all times but not while driving up my long driveway to pick up mail or take out the trash....[/color]
One of these days when that big deer runs out and you hit it you may wish you had that belt on JMO

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Yeah....and keep the **** window up. A hornet might fly in your face. If you don't keep both hands on the wheel..you oughta be jailed. I don't know why a camera isn't aimed at each seat in the car with chimes going off with a direct signal to 911 if everyone isn't safely strapped..sitting straight..and primed for any disaster after sixty seconds of entering the car. NO horeseplay from anyone..either. No chewing gum! Don't even sit in the car without buckling up cause a random free rolling brakeless gas tanker semi could come flying out of nowhere with you in its sites. You just never know...
And no looking at the mail until back at the house. It's probably 'bills' anyway..and the depression could cause irratic driveway behavior destroying all good will and the wife's flower beds as well. Chimes could be the least of your problems...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In response to Iceman:

I like your post. I just hope you and I do not get reported to "big sis" or whichever "CZAR" is in charge of keeping tabs on people who "fail to observe glorious government safety rules which are in place to save workers from harm"

gbrooks

·
Registered
748 Posts
IceMan said:
Yeah....and keep the **** window up. A hornet might fly in your face. If you don't keep both hands on the wheel..you oughta be jailed. I don't know why a camera isn't aimed at each seat in the car with chimes going off with a direct signal to 911 if everyone isn't safely strapped..sitting straight..and primed for any disaster after sixty seconds of entering the car. NO horeseplay from anyone..either. No chewing gum! Don't even sit in the car without buckling up cause a random free rolling brakeless gas tanker semi could come flying out of nowhere with you in its sites. You just never know...
And no looking at the mail until back at the house. It's probably 'bills' anyway..and the depression could cause irratic driveway behavior destroying all good will and the wife's flower beds as well. Chimes could be the least of your problems...
Everything Ok Iceman? You need a drink or something? :)

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Everything Ok Iceman? You need a drink or something? :)
Another?...Oh OK! I am wearing my seatbelt!...but for some reason still hear chimes....
I'll take a SnowShoe: Shota 100p Peppermint Schnapps floating atop of a shot of Crown..please.
Pour you one too...

·
Registered
748 Posts
IceMan said:
Another?...Oh OK! I am wearing my seatbelt!...but for some reason still hear chimes....
I'll take a SnowShoe: Shota 100p Peppermint Schnapps floating atop of a shot of Crown..please.
Pour you one too...
Still hearing chimes. Those may be sirens my friend. And I dont think its for lack of seatbelt. But we can have those drinks when you get out...

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Still hearing chimes. Those may be sirens my friend. And I dont think its for lack of seatbelt. But we can have those drinks when you get out...
No worries! I was seatbelted to my computor chair...not an auto. Looking back on it now....I think the chimes had something to do with Jack kicking my ass earlier. Thanks for your concern,tho...!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm in the habit of always wearing my seatbelt...but I do wish there was a way to temporarily disable the chime for the passenger seat. I have two miniature Dachsunds who lay in that seat and they are just heavy enough to set off the alarm when I'm going around corners and such. ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
check the owners manual. In my old company car (ford) there was a procedure to disable the passenger seatbelt chimes as well as a few other things. I didnt see anything like that in the 'nox but I didnt look all that hard either.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
IceMan said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

When I was checking in on the GDS comp. at the dealer to disable DRL's, and such.
We found that we couldn't get into anything, not like you could on other models.
Sucks actually

·
Registered
143 Posts
NoobNox said:
I'm in the habit of always wearing my seatbelt...but I do wish there was a way to temporarily disable the chime for the passenger seat. I have two miniature Dachsunds who lay in that seat and they are just heavy enough to set off the alarm when I'm going around corners and such. ;D
Not being a smart ass here, but your dogs should always be in the back seat, always....why?......if you ever get into a situation where your air bags are deployed, your dogs will be "toast"....they will be killed by the air bag force as it deploys....especially as they would not be "belted in" to the seat, as a passenger (should) be!!

The same rule applies to small children..........always have them in the rear seat so that air bags will not injure them (even kill them) if they are seated in the front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
gbrooks63 said:
I was not able to find a way to disable the chime in the normal methods. i.e. rub your head 10 times while plugging the seatbelt in 20 times in 30 seconds... :) Best bet .. Hit up your friendly dealer and order the 9" or 16" seat belt extender. In my case when I called they were free . :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes it is too bad that we have become nanny states.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Terrain 2.0 AWD , no V92 trailer option
518 Posts
I never found it a chore to fasten the seat belt.
Crown Royal and 40 Creek are the best running neck and neck . Different but both superb.
Crown Royal Black is excellent until the next morning.
Passenger compartment collisions is a serious problem that is ignored by the same people that will only purchase a highest crash rated vehicle.
Other passenegers , pets, brief cases , tools , canned goods and laptops are all deadly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
gbrooks63 said:
Easiest answer to this is get a short extended seatbelt and it will think that your seatbelt is fastend

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
dorrellkc said:
Easiest answer to this is get a short extended seatbelt and it will think that your seatbelt is fastend
Much easier answer is to just wear it ! Come on, is it that much trouble to buckle the seat belt, OP ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
There is no way to temp disable the chimes. Yes, you can get an extender and plug it in but c'mon, isn't it easier to just strap in?

By the time you rummage around in the console ( or wherever else you choose to store it) find it and buckle it in you could be down the drive.

Or better yet, get out of the car and walk down. That way you walk off your stress, avoid irritating chimes, and get a little exercise and fresh air. Bonus is that you get a little closer to nature!

Happy motoring!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was buying something from a member on eBay. I liked the price so I went to see what else the guy had. He was selling dummy buckles for the car. It is just the piece that would connect to the buckle and shut the alarm off. They were like $4 or something like that. I think you can do a search for it and find what I am talking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just want to turn the thing down a notch or two. Not sure what it is about that chime but it is sooooo loud it makes me shutter. My husband does not, will not wear a belt. And unless someone has some way of turning the thing down, at least, please do not give any lectures on seat belt use. I am aware of all that and so is he. I just wish I could turn it down about two notches. It echoes! :banghead:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts