GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
ggrair said:
anyone have suggestions as to why this might be happening?
George
Are you saying that the light isn't on or that the seats are not warm?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nox, yes that is what I am referring to, but nothing happens. I have it set, but when I remote start, the seats are not warm. The seat warmers work fine when i manually turn them on.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I think that the operation of the seat heaters, when remote starting, is ambient temperature dependent - possibly it is not cold enough outside ?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
ggrair said:
Nox, yes that is what I am referring to, but nothing happens. I have it set, but when I remote start, the seats are not warm. The seat warmers work fine when i manually turn them on.
Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this further for you on my end with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Has it been too warm for them to turn on. It was in the 50's in MI today. My were not turning on by remote.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ggrair said:
The seat warmers turn on when you have the climate control set to 'Automatic', however, you might not feel they are warming up until you sit down on them. Heated seats only seem to hold heat when there is someone sitting on them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
barhoc11 said:
The seat warmers turn on when you have the climate control set to 'Automatic', however, you might not feel they are warming up until you sit down on them. Heated seats only seem to hold heat when there is someone sitting on them.
:thumb:

#PIC5322A: Heated Seat Operation After Performing A Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) - (Aug 23, 2011)
Subject: Heated Seat Operation after Performing a Remote Vehicle Start (RVS)

Models: 2010-2011 Buick Lacrosse

2011 Buick Regal

2010-2011 Chevrolet Camaro

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

2011 Chevrolet Volt

2010-2011 Cadillac SRX

2010-2011 Chevrolet Equinox

2010-2011 GMC Terrain
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This PI was superseded to include 2011 MY vehicles. Please discard PIC5322.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Customer concerns consist of two different complaints:

Complaint A:

When a customer enters the vehicle after a RVS event, they notice the heated seat indicators lights are NOT functioning. This is leading the customer to think that their heated seats are not being enabled.

Complaint B:

When a customer enters the vehicle after a RVS event, the heated seats are NOT up to operating temperature when they enter the vehicle.

Recommendation/Instructions:

Resolution for Complaint A:

Although the heated seat will be functioning, this is normal operation during a RVS event. The ECC is not in a complete wake up state in RVS mode, therefore the LED’s will not be enabled.

Resolution for Complaint B:

During a cold soaking below 32 deg (overnight) the seat is NOT going to get hot in the 10 minutes or less that the customer has the vehicle in remote start. This is due to the fact that the heating element is not in direct contact with the seat surface while the seat is unoccupied, and the foam below the heater is full of cold insulating air which takes time to heat up. The remote start operation will reduce the seat warm up time once the customer sits in the seat.

Important: The performance of the heater (during RVS event) is going to be reduced while the seat is cold and unoccupied.

Note: During a RVS request from the customer the heated seat operation is determined by a BCM calculation based off Outside Air Temperature and will only allow RVS (heated seat) operation below 50 Deg F OAT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts