GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at my wits end with my 08 LT (my mother's car).

the seat heaters have developed a mind of their own (especially the passenger side).

If it turns on, it might stay on for hours or minutes or even 3 seconds then turn off. Once it turns off, it will not turn back on, and most of the time, neither will the driver side.

Turning the engine off / on doesn't solve it. The dealer (who's been trying to 'fix' it for probably 7 times over many many months) recommended plugging or unplugging the seat belts. Sometimes that will actually get them to work, sometimes not.. if they do, they still won't stay on, and the process repeats.

A different dealer said 'no problem found'. We unlocked the doors, got in, started it up, and they wouldn't even turn on. We dragged the service manager out to see, and got a 'hmm.. that's odd, you will have to bring it back another day'

the dealer over time says they have replaced every part, including at one point my mother driving around for 4 days with no passenger seat while they were 'looking' at it. During that time, the drivers side didn't work at all, and that didn't go over real well as you can imagine.

It makes no sense to me how this could be so intermittent that it's not only UN-fixable, but un-diagnosable.

This will be her second equinox, after the first one was so unbelievably awesome it was a no brainer to get another one. well.. needless to say, that ship has long sailed. I would like it to just work.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? At this point I'm willing to entertain thoughts of an exorcism for the thing.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you. Have you been in contact with customer assistance? Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
oldmetalguy said:
I'm at my wits end with my 08 LT (my mother's car).

the seat heaters have developed a mind of their own (especially the passenger side).

If it turns on, it might stay on for hours or minutes or even 3 seconds then turn off. Once it turns off, it will not turn back on, and most of the time, neither will the driver side.

Turning the engine off / on doesn't solve it. The dealer (who's been trying to 'fix' it for probably 7 times over many many months) recommended plugging or unplugging the seat belts. Sometimes that will actually get them to work, sometimes not.. if they do, they still won't stay on, and the process repeats.

A different dealer said 'no problem found'. We unlocked the doors, got in, started it up, and they wouldn't even turn on. We dragged the service manager out to see, and got a 'hmm.. that's odd, you will have to bring it back another day'

the dealer over time says they have replaced every part, including at one point my mother driving around for 4 days with no passenger seat while they were 'looking' at it. During that time, the drivers side didn't work at all, and that didn't go over real well as you can imagine.

It makes no sense to me how this could be so intermittent that it's not only UN-fixable, but un-diagnosable.

This will be her second equinox, after the first one was so unbelievably awesome it was a no brainer to get another one. well.. needless to say, that ship has long sailed. I would like it to just work.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? At this point I'm willing to entertain thoughts of an exorcism for the thing.
Is there a realy in this circuit?

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Is there a realy in this circuit?
I would think so - then they would not have to run high current through the switch.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would imagine that the switch feeds an input to one of the BCMs. A driver in the
BCM would feed current to the heaters. This allows timing the heaters and turning
them fir such things as high current drain or low battery conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts