GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the seats will fit and bolt in? They are so much more comfortable than the 2019. I don't know how to make the 19.comfortable

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
It might be "possible" but likely the seat mounting bolt positions are different and size and orientation may not be correct.
I've read where some had take the seat covers off and added or sculpted the foam material to accommodate their needs.

Or. . . check out the Buick Envision seats. They may be a closer match since the car is on the same platform. You might find a some Envision seats at an auto recycler.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Hard to tell exactly from these two parts "sketches" ... and they may not even be accurate, but notice the very bottom where the seat frame attaches to the floor and how different they are. Not only will the attachment points be different, but the contour of the floor is probably different: The 2017 appears to have extra "feet" coming downward off the leading edge of the rails to attach to the floor whereas the 2019 appears to mount directly to the floor?

And then you'd need the actual measurements ... how long and far apart the rails are ... but I suppose any kind of adapter could be fabricated to make it work.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to tell exactly from these two parts "sketches" ... and they may not even be accurate, but notice the very bottom where the seat frame attaches to the floor and how different they are. Not only will the attachment points be different, but the contour of the floor is probably different: The 2017 appears to have extra "feet" coming downward off the leading edge of the rails to attach to the floor whereas the 2019 appears to mount directly to the floor?

And then you'd need the actual measurements ... how long and far apart the rails are ... but I suppose any kind of adapter could be fabricated to make it work.
Thank you, that's a huge help..

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
I would not mess with changing seats. It could result in death of the driver or passenger in an accident. Trade in the car, and get something more comfortable for you. Life is more important than saving a few $$.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
[
Thank you, that's a huge help..
Check out Buick Envison seats. They are likely more comfortable and the and platform as Equinox/Terrain. Plus, any electrical connections for safety equipment like air bags, heated seats, etc would be likely the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[

Check out Buick Envison seats. They are likely more comfortable and the and platform as Equinox/Terrain. Plus, any electrical connections for safety equipment like air bags, heated seats, etc would be likely the same.
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
  1. I know the terrain had the comfortable seats I love, but I don't know what year they got rid of them
I'm gonna guess it wasn't 2017? I have a 2011 Equinox, but I almost bought a 2017 leftover SLE-2 Terrain. When I went for the test drive, the first thing I noticed was the seats weren't as "fitting" as my Equinox seats. They seemed to be flatter, less contoured. Didn't like them. But then again - I didn't make any adjustments, either. Maybe I could've moved the left and right edges inward?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts